Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

The bottom part Station Road at Halfway between Mosborough cross roads and the roundabout near the tram terminus has so many potholes, one is large enough to cause serious damage to cars or a serious accident. These have been reported numerous times by members via the council website.

The recent bad weather hasn't helped but this should not have happened on a recently relaid road surface.

It's also been reported to local Councilors who have highlighted the issues with Amey and the Cabinet Member but they haven't been repaired - yet!

The bottom part Station Road at Halfway between Mosborough cross roads and the roundabout near the tram terminus has so many potholes, one is large enough to cause serious damage to cars or a serious accident. These have been reported numerous times by members via the council website.

The recent bad weather hasn't helped but this should not have happened on a recently relaid road surface.

It's also been reported to local Councilors who have highlighted the issues with Amey and the Cabinet Member but they haven't been repaired - yet!

One of the biggest potholes on that stretch got the 5 minute repair last week. Today it's worse than it was before. You're right in saying that it could cause serious damage and/or a serious accident, cars are swerving at the last minute into the oncoming carriageway such is the size of it!

I get the feeling that the tarmac being used is the old Road surface that's been recycled???

Maybe that's why it doesn't last 6months before breaking up!

Not sure what’s happening potholes appearing all across the city, the tarmac they use dosnt seem to last very long

So many of the newly laid roads are breaking up with many big them not even a year old. Many roads round beighton, woodhouse, stradbroke all breaking up and some of these are not even 6 months old. It's a disgrace

If they did the job properly, they would be out of work next year. By making pigs ears, they know they will have to come back to the job, time and time again. Job re-creation.

I asked Amey man about this and he told me old road surface is recycled to make the new surface!!

I get the feeling that the tarmac being used is the old Road surface that's been recycled???

Maybe that's why it doesn't last 6months before breaking up!

Pothole which looked at least half a foot deep on Norfolk Park Road this morning.

I hope these council tax rises go towards fixing the <removed>

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

In Brum:

City council in dispute with repairs contractor Amey over quality of roads

Officials considering enforcing penalty clauses in 25-year long contract

https://www.birminghampost.co.uk/news/regional-affairs/gone-pot-city-council-dispute-8535623

So why doesn't Sheffield council do the same?

If they did the job properly, they would be out of work next year. By making pigs ears, they know they will have to come back to the job, time and time again. Job re-creation.

Any repairs have to be done at Amy's cost throughout the contract period

Pothole which looked at least half a foot deep on Norfolk Park Road this morning.

I hope these council tax rises go towards fixing the <removed>

Have they closed any of the roads yet round there? There's the signs up but dosen't say which roads! St aidan's is pretty bad