Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

So do you believe that it was never considered and has been introduced this month by amey as a cost saving measure without challenge by SCC?

I do .......

Guest makapaka
I do .......

Fair enough.

No it doesn’t - it just says schedule 43.

Yes it does. "Schedule 43 Carriageway and Footway Works Summary_Redacted_2018.pdf"

That is the name of the document.

Guest makapaka
Yes it does. "Schedule 43 Carriageway and Footway Works Summary_Redacted_2018.pdf"

That is the name of the document.

Hmmmm - I wonder when it was redacted?

I was also talking about the document itself not the pdf title.

Ignore it then if you think it’s been falsely uploaded to the site and something more sinister is going on - your free choice.

Hmmmm - I wonder when it was redacted?

I was also talking about the document itself not the pdf title.

Ignore it then if you think it’s been falsely uploaded to the site and something more sinister is going on - your free choice.

Hmmmm ???????

That schedule literally tells us nothing.

---------- Post added 06-09-2018 at 10:47 ----------

This schedule seems to say otherwise

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/dam/sheffield/docs/roads-and-pavements/streetsahead/Schedule%2035,%20Milestones%20Full%20Disclosure%202018.pdf

I can't make head nor tail of that. Can you explain where it says that they were contracted to resurface every road in the first five years?

I can't make head nor tail of that. Can you explain where it says that they were contracted to resurface every road in the first five years?

See post 10

That's certainly how it was reported in the media at the time.

The clear implication of that is the improvement to the new standard will be complete by 2017 (August I think it was), and then only ongoing maintenance will be required for 20 years. It's now September 2018 and resurfacing hasn't been completed and they are apparently reneging on actually doing some of it.

---------- Post added 06-09-2018 at 09:25 ----------

The BBC reports numerous times

It's been quoted numerous times on the forum as well, going back to 2016.

Yours is the first time I've seen that questioned. Of course the entire contract hasn't been released so it's very difficult for anyone to check.

I can't help lazy reporting.

The fact is that Amey were not contracted to resurface every road in the first five years.

And I'm not seeing anything in what you've said here that shows that they were.

Your first quote is just rhetoric, and obviously not a contractual target:

will see Sheffield’s roads transformed from some of the worst in the country to the best in the country within the first five years (2012 – 2017)

And your BBC quote is:

Amey is due to resurface all Sheffield's roads by 2020

Which may or may not be true or achievable, but is obviously not a contractual target of resurfacing every road in the first five years. Because those five years ended in 2017, not in 2020.

Nobody has ever quoted any contractual term that says they were to have resurfaced everything in five years.

If you can find any contractual term, or any official statement by either Amey or the Council, to suggest otherwise, I'd be happy to be corrected.

Guest makapaka
Hmmmm ???????

See post #451

---------- Post added 06-09-2018 at 22:49 ----------

It'll get a new file name from even a small edit, but since there's only the 2018 copy online you've no idea what was there originally and what has been added or changed at a later date.

Still my comment stands, this version of the document was created in the last few months and is not the original from several years ago.

Yes it’s the redacted version.the microsurfacing isn’t redacted though.

So do you believe that it was never considered and has been introduced this month by amey as a cost saving measure without challenge by SCC?

I suspect that it was the intention for every road to be resurfaced as was trumpeted loudly by both parties at the start, and now that Amey wish to save some money they are expanding the use of a technique that was in the contract but which wasn't on the schedule to be used extensively, perhaps only as an ongoing maintenance technique after all the roads were resurfaced.

Much like with the trees, the council find themselves powerless to do anything because of the badly drawn up contract.

That's my suspicion.

---------- Post added 07-09-2018 at 07:33 ----------

It quite clearly has milestones for resurfacing going out to 5 years and terminating at 100% at the 5 year milestone.

No bus services on Crookes for a week.

Monday on Lydgate Lane:

52/52a Bus up or down every 2.5 minutes, turning in Crosspool?

First Monday back for Tapton and King Teds pupils.

Bin day.

Grindstone closed.

Help!

No bus services on Crookes for a week.

Monday on Lydgate Lane:

52/52a Bus up or down every 2.5 minutes, turning in Crosspool?

First Monday back for Tapton and King Teds pupils.

Bin day.

Grindstone closed.

Help!

From what I can make out, the closest that 52/52a gets passengers to Crookes will be the stop by Crookesmoor Rd. After that, they run light up Lydgate to turn at Crosspool. Then, presumably, the first pick-up going back into town will be the stop after the Grindstone? Anyone living at the top end of Crookes is going to have a bit of an uphill plod...

I'm still unclear about which road sections around Walkley will be closed and when; but I thought next week will be from South Rd to Greenhow, hence the lack of any turning area for the 52 after the Grindstone. Although the 95 is allegedly running to Tinker Lane, so maybe it's just the section from Bolehill Rd to Greenhow? And it doesn't help that Google Maps has been showing the whole section from Ripley St bottom to Greenhow as closed for the past couple of days, when it patently hasn't been.