Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

I expect that it counts since it has happened, I've no idea what the contract says regarding workmanship.

Neither does the council :)

Guest makapaka
Come on now, we've waited long enough, spill the beans! Who IS it you work for? It's become quite the Sheffield Forum game now - any mentions of Amey's poor work or the Council bring you out swiftly, no matter the thread. It's almost like a reflex!

So....fill us in? Go on! Who is it?

No one with any involvement in the streets ahead scheme.

Is there something I’ve said that you disagree with or is it just because I haven’t slated amey?

The poster said that amey had committed a serious material breach - i was just asking where that information had come from - the same way others ask questions when people post stuff.

If they show that this is the case I won’t question it further.

The whole of Knowle Lane is being re surfaced at the moment, a large area of Carterknowle Road had to be re surfaced last year.

These roads were only resurfaced 2~3 years ago.

Guest makapaka
The whole of Knowle Lane is being re surfaced at the moment, a large area of Carterknowle Road had to be re surfaced last year.

These roads were only resurfaced 2~3 years ago.

Who are they being resurfaced by?

Who are they being resurfaced by?

Lets say they are being relaid by Amey . You will probably say , well Amey are doing it at their own expense , I and others would say , is it acceptable that the road is being relaid after a couple of years

Guest makapaka
Lets say they are being relaid by Amey . You will probably say , well Amey are doing it at their own expense , I and others would say , is it acceptable that the road is being relaid after a couple of years

I wouldn’t agree it was acceptable as such - if it wasn’t causing significant disruption I wouldn’t really know why people were that bothered.

If it happened again in 2 years I think it would reasonable to then complain and ask what is happening.

Im sure It won’t be cost effective for amey to have to resurface the roads every two years - in fact it would probably cost tens of millions.

What do you think?

I wouldn’t agree it was acceptable as such - if it wasn’t causing significant disruption I wouldn’t really know why people were that bothered.

If it happened again in 2 years I think it would reasonable to then complain and ask what is happening.

Im sure It won’t be cost effective for amey to have to resurface the roads every two years - in fact it would probably cost tens of millions.

What do you think?

People have already had the disruption , for it to fail after a couple of years and need doing again ,points to bad workmanship . You say if it happened AGAIN in two years it would be reasonable to complain . How many chances would you give them to do the job correctly ?

Guest makapaka
People have already had the disruption , for it to fail after a couple of years and need doing again ,points to bad workmanship . You say if it happened AGAIN in two years it would be reasonable to complain . How many chances would you give them to do the job correctly ?

Maybe it is bad workmanship - what’s your point?

Do you want me to agree that every road has been incorrectly surfaced and needs replacing?

Could it be that some bad work has been done and is being rectified?

The point I was making is that if there is some defective works and it’s put right there’s not much else they can do - if it happened again in the same area it would suggest there’s an underlying problem in regards to work / spec that needs further investigation.

If someone relaid your drive - a pot hole appeared and you complained and they sent some other workmen and resurfaced it at no cost you - and you never had a problem again would you say they were incompetent?

I wouldn’t.

If I happened again I would probably agree with you.

Maybe it is bad workmanship - what’s your point?

Do you want me to agree that every road has been incorrectly surfaced and needs replacing?

Could it be that some bad work has been done and is being rectified?

The point I was making is that if there is some defective works and it’s put right there’s not much else they can do - if it happened again in the same area it would suggest there’s an underlying problem in regards to work / spec that needs further investigation.

If someone relaid your drive - a pot hole appeared and you complained and they sent some other workmen and resurfaced it at no cost you - and you never had a problem again would you say they were incompetent?

I wouldn’t.

If I happened again I would probably agree with you.

"whats your point " Can you not see that having to relay a road after two years is bad , pointing to bad workmanship in the first place , which should have been properly supervised and signed off as job done properly and clearly was not :huh: Do you not see constant posts on here complaining about roads all over Sheffield failing in one way or another after supposedly been redone to a high standard . What do you think people have to gain by complaining about shoddy work ?

Re surfacing roads that where done 2-3 years ago ! What about doing the roads that are left that's not been done in the last 25 years !....

Guest makapaka
"whats your point " Can you not see that having to relay a road after two years is bad , pointing to bad workmanship in the first place , which should have been properly supervised and signed off as job done properly and clearly was not :huh: Do you not see constant posts on here complaining about roads all over Sheffield failing in one way or another after supposedly been redone to a high standard . What do you think people have to gain by complaining about shoddy work ?

Yes it could be bad workmanship.

Given the amount of roads that have been resurfaced I don’t see that many posts no.

I asked what’s your point because I’m not even disagreeing with you - I’m just saying you can’t draw a conclusion that everything is bad because some work is being repaired. Miles and miles of road has been replaced - it’s not unusual for it all not to be perfect - it happens.

Yes it could be bad workmanship.

Given the amount of roads that have been resurfaced I don’t see that many posts no.

I asked what’s your point because I’m not even disagreeing with you - I’m just saying you can’t draw a conclusion that everything is bad because some work is being repaired. Miles and miles of road has been replaced - it’s not unusual for it all not to be perfect - it happens.

Have you an answer to my last sentence ?