Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

I know there are a lot of threads about Amey and the roads, but I just want to know if Amey are resurfacing roads anywhere at the moment. Our road was scheduled or 2015, then 2017 but nothing has happened, would appreciate if any one knows.. I have tried their web site, but it is still saying 2017. Thanks

They were doing Earl Marshall Road last week.

They were doing Earl Marshall Road last week.

Oh good, at least they are still working Thanks

---------- Post added 29-12-2017 at 15:50 ----------

There are signs up now round Crookes saying there will be road closures for resurfacing from 8th January, for 12 weeks, so fingers crossed we will eventually get our road done so no more broken springs and flat tyers

Hooray! The planned work map has finally been updated. My road will be done in Q1 2018, i.e. any day now. Still no updates through post though.... Will believe it when I see it!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Hooray! The planned work map has finally been updated. My road will be done in Q1 2018, i.e. any day now. Still no updates through post though.... Will believe it when I see it!

Not sure if this is news or history! Previous maps showed when the work was to be done. I can't load an up to date map with dates. The one I get from; https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/sheffield/home/roads-pavements/streets-ahead-upgrade-work.html seems to disregard work already done, and on my estate shows the worst part to be assessed, whereas before it was down to be done before end 2017!

It is kind of news. Previously they had a map up saying it would all be done by the end of 2017. They kept this facade up long past it being obvious that it wouldn't be. The new map has Q1 and Q2 2018.

No news on the claim that SCC would have to pay Amey if it overran...

I got a letter over the weekend with a list of dates for resurfacing in my area

My road is showing on the online map as footpath to be assessed, road 2nd quarter 2018. Both footpaths and road were resurfaced last year. I really hope they won't come and do them again, but on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised!

There’s a lorra, lorra, road re-surfacing happened between Pitsmoor, Fir Vale and up into Grimesthorpe Road this last fortnight - me car suspension’s been shot to bits by me not noticing the roadworks signs and hitting the ramps at 30mph :o

I suppose the militant tree-huggers scared all the Amey workers over to S4, where it’s a much safer working environment :hihi:

Guest makapaka

There’s a lot going on in crookes / walkley also.

There’s a lorra, lorra, road re-surfacing happened between Pitsmoor, Fir Vale and up into Grimesthorpe Road this last fortnight - me car suspension’s been shot to bits by me not noticing the roadworks signs and hitting the ramps at 30mph :o

I suppose the militant tree-huggers scared all the Amey workers over to S4, where it’s a much safer working environment :hihi:

The unsurfaced roads round there at the moment are better than they were before they scraped the surfaces though :D