Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

Guest makapaka
I'm sure the fact you have now admitted amey are providing poor quality work will come as a revelation to many. It certainly does me.

Case closed then.

I’ve said what I think on the quality of work in previous posts.

Here's how it works in reality....

The Council appoint the main contractor, then (LONG BEFORE any work is done) the members of said council (and their co-horts) set up sub contracting companies who must be used by the main contractor to perform the work.

The upside is that the local economy is somewhat preserved, the downside is that when it all goes belly-up we still have to drive like drunkards to avoid fatal damage to our much loved vehicles.

Guest makapaka
Here's how it works in reality....

The Council appoint the main contractor, then (LONG BEFORE any work is done) the members of said council (and their co-horts) set up sub contracting companies who must be used by the main contractor to perform the work.

The upside is that the local economy is somewhat preserved, the downside is that when it all goes belly-up we still have to drive like drunkards to avoid fatal damage to our much loved vehicles.

Which sub contractors have been set up which are being used by the main contractor?

Sheffield Council contractors apologise for major gas leak in city

Sheffield Council contractors have apologised for causing a major gas leak while carrying out resurfacing work on a city street.

Amey contractors, working on Sheffield Council's 'Street's Ahead' road improvement project, damaged a gas pipe on Hatfield House Lane, Shiregreen, in the early hours of this morning

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-council-contractors-apologise-for-major-gas-leak-in-city-1-9109479

Just given Amey a 1 star review on Google maps. That'll show them!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

i always have always thought it is a shame that when reviewing something one often HAS to give them at least one star.

it would be better i think if there were star ratings available from -5 to 5 so one could more properly show ones opinion of that which one is reviewing

Had a letter through the door this morning saying that Ripley Street / Walkley Lane / Heavygate Road are going to be relaid again in early August to (hopefully!) repair the previous shoddy job. Great, more disruption!

Had a letter through the door this morning saying that Ripley Street / Walkley Lane / Heavygate Road are going to be relaid again in early August to (hopefully!) repair the previous shoddy job. Great, more disruption!

When were they last done ?

Hope that doesn't mean another 3 sleepless nights as Walkley Lane no doubt will be done during the night. :(

Looking at the patterns in the tarmac it looks just like Commonside used to be before Yorkshire Water replaced the collapsed drain.

When were they last done ?

Judging by Google Street View, sometime between 2012 and 2014

IIRC they were some of, if not the, first roads Amey resurfaced.