Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

Quote:

Originally Posted by hicksy3

I am also whining about the fact that my own road still hasn't been done, nor have over 50% of the roads I use on my regular commute.

Go a different route then?

My two choices of a different route are jetpack out of my own house to avoid potholes, or hedge hop through several hundred gardens until I reach a road that is fit for use. Which do you suggest?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

My two choices of a different route are jetpack out of my own house to avoid potholes, or hedge hop through several hundred gardens until I reach a road that is fit for use. Which do you suggest?

Tunnel?

Zip wire?

Pole vault?

Tunnel?

Zip wire?

Pole vault?

Trip up in a pothole, claim compo. Said compo costing the council significantly more than it would have cost to fill in the hole in the first place. Job jobbed.

Driving down Walkley Road/Lane from Crookes, the new surface is already failing in numerous places.

Guest makapaka
Fair enough. So they were to have resurfaced every road in Sheffield within 5 years and are now in serious material breach of contract then?

“Serious material breach”

Where did you find that out?

It wasn’t really the point though was it - you’ve been telling people their roads hadn’t been resurfaced under the streets ahead contract when they actually had.

So over the couple of post on this thread you’ve wrongly stated that work wasn’t carried out under the streets ahead contract and then finished by accusing amey of being in serious material breach of contract.

Strange.

Driving down Walkley Road/Lane from Crookes, the new surface is already failing in numerous places.

Yep and they kept us awake 3/4 nights doing it! I knew then Amey was a law onto itself because they didn't follow Council guidelines about noise during the night. :mad:

Yep and they kept us awake 3/4 nights doing it! I knew then Amey was a law onto itself because they didn't follow Council guidelines about noise during the night. :mad:

Perhaps it would be better if they did it in the middle of the day or right at the heart of rush hour eh? Im sure nobody at all would complain about the associated traffic chaos, disrupted bus schedules, jams that would come with it.

God sake. They cant win.

Well, they attempted to repair a serious defect on Norton Lees Road with a patch and it failed absolutely. Regrettably, I think there's problems with ground movement or a damaged road base, so putting new macadam on top will never work. Yes, I have reported this on fixmystreet.com

I think overall the main routes done are a complete pigs ear!

It looks like the main drain is collapsing in places - the cracks in the tarmac are exactly the same pattern as we used to have on Commonside near the Hallamshire and Closed Shop - Yorkshire Water replaced the drain last year before the road was resurfaced.

I think the road surface problem is everywhere and poor workmanship and materials are part of the problem when they are repaired . We had a few potholes filled in on the mini roundabout just above the library . The workman was taking pictures of the completed work when I past , would not have been proud of that workmanship and guess what next day the pot holes were back . Probably needed the pictures to prove he had filled them in .

Well, they attempted to repair a serious defect on Norton Lees Road with a patch and it failed absolutely. Regrettably, I think there's problems with ground movement or a damaged road base, so putting new macadam on top will never work. Yes, I have reported this on fixmystreet.com

The whole road between Cockayne Pl and Pearson Pl wants digging up and relaying. It is worse now than before they resurfaced it last year