Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

It's possible that another company are responsible, I was simply pointing out that multiple large potholes have appeared in the last month.

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 14:53 ----------

I've reported it now via the website, as >40mm deep

"If necessary, we will make this safe within 24 hours. Where the problem represents a danger or hazard on the highway, we will make safe within one hour."

We'll see if it's still there Friday morning.

Guest makapaka
It's possible that another company are responsible, I was simply pointing out that multiple large potholes have appeared in the last month.

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 14:53 ----------

I've reported it now via the website, as >40mm deep

"If necessary, we will make this safe within 24 hours. Where the problem represents a danger or hazard on the highway, we will make safe within one hour."

We'll see if it's still there Friday morning.

I think the track maintenance responsibility is SYPTE's rather than the council.

The people who do the work have had Volker Rail written on their vehicles. No idea if Volker Rail are subcontractors to Amey, SYPTE, SCC or whoever. Perhaps someone in the know can clarify?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Is that including repairs to the concrete base, rather than the rails and points themselves?

Guest makapaka
Is that including repairs to the concrete base, rather than the rails and points themselves?

I don’t know - I was genuinely just highlighting a query before that’s all.

I would find it unusual if sypte would allow amey to come and replace the base around the tracks under the councils highway contract though - would be all sort of crossovers in terms of liability / planning / future maintenance etc.

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 16:35 ----------

The people who do the work have had Volker Rail written on their vehicles. No idea if Volker Rail are subcontractors to Amey, SYPTE, SCC or whoever. Perhaps someone in the know can clarify?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

They’re subcontractors to sypte - it says so on their website. There’s no reference to the streets ahead scheme on there either.

SCC probably deem it to be secret, so they couldn't tell us if we asked.

Guest makapaka
SCC probably deem it to be secret, so they couldn't tell us if we asked.

I don’t see why it would be secret - the sypte would probably be able to confirm also.

This is very much worth signing as it might actually stay a much needed debate over what is otherwise a secret pfi corporate take over of the council and our streets https://www.change.org/p/petition-to-rescind-the-streets-ahead-pfi-contract-with-amey-hallam-highways-ltd?recruiter=403923024&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

This morning saw contactors (not Amey I think)) making extensive repairs to road surface on Wordsworth Avenue near Asda. Not just filling in holes but rolling lengthy patches of tarmac where it has eroded away.

This morning saw contactors (not Amey I think)) making extensive repairs to road surface on Wordsworth Avenue near Asda. Not just filling in holes but rolling lengthy patches of tarmac where it has eroded away.

There has been the same all week on Herries Drive and Shirecliffe hill

There has been the same all week on Herries Drive and Shirecliffe hill

Nice now driving up/down herries drive.