Dog flea question

My dog is 13 and for the first time ever has got fleas. I don't really want to wait till the shops open tomorrow to tackle the problem so has anyone got something to remove them I could come and purchase from you or advice on how else to rid him of the problem?

I live in s60 but will travel to pretty much anywhere on Sheffield or Rotherham to sort it.

Thanks in advance ☺☺☺

Thanks for your reply. Having the ked the link I'm missing a few ingredients from those remedies so looks like he will have to wait till the morning.

I'm looking to get Johnson's 4fleas.

Can anyone say if its a good product or not? I looked at the frontline products but I can't quite believe the price. Its very pricy and money is a bit thin on the ground at the moment in out house

Forgot to ask, obviously ill need to treat the house too, what is a good but not too expensive product for that as well?

Thanks

Edited by Dimple

Thanks for your reply. Having the ked the link I'm missing a few ingredients from those remedies so looks like he will have to wait till the morning.

I'm looking to get Johnson's 4fleas.

Can anyone say if its a good product or not? I looked at the frontline products but I can't quite believe the price. Its very pricy and money is a bit thin on the ground at the moment in out house

Forgot to ask, obviously ill need to treat the house too, what is a good but not too expensive product for that as well?

Thanks

this doesnt work , I took some out to Zimbabwe the dogs still have fleas also my friend who gave them me said they don't work ts bets to use frontline or equivalent, I have to say mine have never had fleas because of the treatment we give them each month .

http://m.wikihow.com/Make-a-Flea-Trap

Set a few flea traps too, easy to do and effective

thank you for that. I've followed the instructions and set 4 traps.

Fingers crossed :)

---------- Post added 16-07-2017 at 22:42 ----------

this doesnt work , I took some out to Zimbabwe the dogs still have fleas also my friend who gave them me said they don't work ts bets to use frontline or equivalent, I have to say mine have never had fleas because of the treatment we give them each month .

Gutted. I really can't afford frontline right now. Have you any ideas for some other products that will work?

---------- Post added 16-07-2017 at 23:32 ----------

Gutted. I really can't afford frontline right now. Have you any ideas for some other products that will work?

I found a reasonable deal for three pipets of frontline on eBay. Should be with me Tuesday or Wednesday :)

---------- Post added 16-07-2017 at 23:32 ----------

I found a reasonable deal for three pipets of frontline on eBay. Should be with me Tuesday or Wednesday :)

Brilliant, you can also look at pet pharmacies on line which have cheaper options.

I found Indorex spray good for treating the house, I think it was pricey but then I bought it from the vets as I was in a hurry - you can probably get it cheaper online.

Seemed to do the trick quickly along with some spot ons (Advantage I think or something like that).

Advantage is very good and cheaper than Frontline, plus some people are finding that Frontline is no longer very effective, I recommend trying a website called Animed, very good prices and quick delivery, I use them all of the time now.

I'm not sure what to use on the dog. But just for the house you can shake salt onto the carpets. Leave over night or as long as you can, then hoover it up. Also put a bowl with soapy water in and a lit candle in the midle. Leave over night and any fleas get attracted to the light. But would proberbly be a bit scared of setting fire to the house.

I'm not sure what to use on the dog. But just for the house you can shake salt onto the carpets. Leave over night or as long as you can, then hoover it up. Also put a bowl with soapy water in and a lit candle in the midle. Leave over night and any fleas get attracted to the light. But would proberbly be a bit scared of setting fire to the house.

When we took in a couple of fleabag rescue cats:love: we got some under counter lights 3 for a £1 from the pound shop and put them on upside clear jam jars to avoid using candles.

Brilliant, you can also look at pet pharmacies on line which have cheaper options.

Thanks for the tip. Will do that ???

---------- Post added 18-07-2017 at 00:03 ----------

I found Indorex spray good for treating the house, I think it was pricey but then I bought it from the vets as I was in a hurry - you can probably get it cheaper online.

Seemed to do the trick quickly along with some spot ons (Advantage I think or something like that).

thanks for that. Will make sure I get some of that for future use just in case ???

---------- Post added 18-07-2017 at 00:06 ----------

http://m.wikihow.com/Make-a-Flea-Trap

Set a few flea traps too, easy to do and effective

This works amazingly well. Can't believe how many they have caught. Thank you loads ???

---------- Post added 18-07-2017 at 00:26 ----------

Advantage is very good and cheaper than Frontline, plus some people are finding that Frontline is no longer very effective, I recommend trying a website called Animed, very good prices and quick delivery, I use them all of the time now.

Thank you. Ill be sure to get some if the stuff I ordered doesn't work ???

---------- Post added 18-07-2017 at 00:29 ----------

thank you. My carpets now have a healthy coating of salt. Actually I may have gone ott. Looks like its been snowing in my house.

SALT ANGELS!!!!!!????