Public sector pay

used to be called marons i think,all the stock is rescued from going to land fill.

Yes, that's what I understand is the ethos. I am behind it 100%

Speaking as someone who has already voted with their feet. You will all get the public services that you are prepared to pay for in the end.

You might not like what you get though.

I did the same, and agree with you entirely.

To be fair, you chose one disaster that they were involved in.

For all we know, they could have spent the six weeks before that doing very little.

That tactic is a very old one - use an emotive subject to try to win a point :)

Firefighters have nothing but my admiration, I'm not really concerned if they had little to do in the weeks before the disaster. These people are running into burning buildings as others are running out of them. Haven't you ever used that tactic what with you being a lawyer?

Guest sibon
Firefighters have nothing but my admiration, I'm not really concerned if they had little to do in the weeks before the disaster. These people are running into burning buildings as others are running out of them. Haven't you ever used that tactic what with you being a lawyer?

Those golf courses can be nasty on a Friday afternoon:cool:

Yeah, do you want their contact details?

Maybe some stats to back up your claims.

Always suspicious of anecdotal evidence

---------- Post added 18-07-2017 at 17:05 ----------

If they don't like it they can get a job in the private sector.

Or does the old phrase "those who can, do. Those who can't, teach" still apply? :hihi:

Cuts both ways. If you want the benefits that the public sector provides then get a job in the public sector.

It's all about choice.

Those golf courses can be nasty on a Friday afternoon:cool:

It must have been a quiet day at the Drip, drip and right wing rhetoric partnership today.

My point remains that there IS such a place, I was not lying, it is a public sector perk, and not available to the general public, certainly not min. wage private sector folk.

I wouldn't call it a perk exactly, it didn't come with the job, it just so happens that this business concern have aimed for the three major services and why not.

Im sorry, you single out Council staff. Then ask me why I referred to them :huh: then bundle them up with ALL public sector staff, assuming if the overall pay for the sector is 3.3% and 4.3% lower (I have no idea how you have come to these exact figures) then Council staff must receive that exact amount of pay.

You do understand what averages are don't you? And you do understand that the public sector have better pensions and additional perks the private sector has not see for near on 40 years, right? You really are not making much sense.

[

Increasing the font size will not make your rebuttal any better. I cannot see any of your links referring to the size of the organisation, and the rate of pay. You do seem to have a chip on your shoulder about council workers.

Every council contract can be challenged by local businesses.

Perhaps the local private businesses in Sheffield are inefficient and lacking ambition?

fire fighters all ways seem available to do part time jobs as well as their own and many nurses work for agencies on very good money.

Stats please.

I wouldn't call it a perk exactly, it didn't come with the job, it just so happens that this business concern have aimed for the three major services and why not.

I get what you mean sort of, but employers have to sign up and become partners before staff can join. So in a way it does come with the job.

Speaking as someone who has already voted with their feet. You will all get the public services that you are prepared to pay for in the end.

You might not like what you get though.

Just being nosey, how have you voted with your feet? Left the public sector? The profession? The country?

You're very much right though. We can a money-bags nhs but we will all have to pay for it. 25% VAT anyone?

---------- Post added 18-07-2017 at 18:35 ----------

Maybe some stats to back up your claims.

Always suspicious of anecdotal evidence

---------- Post added 18-07-2017 at 17:05 ----------

Cuts both ways. If you want the benefits that the public sector provides then get a job in the public sector.

It's all about choice.

My uncle retired from the fire service. He then went on to be a postman.

Stats please.

You can look at that another way, it depends on your bias, public sector workers tend not to have the bonuses for overtime that they have in the private sector.