Jet2 flights and booster seats

Hoping this is the best place to ask!

Booked a holiday in May next year and my 2 youngest children will be 5 and 6. They've both got paid for seats and a hand luggage allowance of up to 10kg.

We've decided to hire a a car on arrival rather than book transfers - but a booster seat hire with the car is £60 each so would be much more cost effective for us to take our own.

Looking at the website it says infants can have a car seat or buggy up to 10kg free of charge but I can't find into about it for any children over 2.

We'll be needing the 10kg baggage allowance for actual baggage.

Anyone know if all children get the car seat allowance or just infants under 2? I'm confused! If I have to pay to check them in, how much would it be? Hoping some of you have experience!

Collapsible pushchairs/buggies or children's car seats up to a total maximum weight of 10kg (for both items) do not form part of the baggage allowance and may be carried free of charge on a limited release basis as checked luggage. If the combined weight is more than 10kg excess baggage charges will apply. There must be an infant or child on the booking.

From the Jet2 website...

http://www.jet2.com/faqs/travelling-with-children-and-animals#gsc.tab=0

The fact it says 'infant OR child' seems to indicate its not limited to under 2s, but Id be inclined to ring and double check.

Well after many calls back and forth they've told me I can't carry a booster as well as hand luggage, it'll be one or the other! Bit rubbish really, I'll just have to buy a baggage allowance instead!

Well after many calls back and forth they've told me I can't carry a booster as well as hand luggage, it'll be one or the other! Bit rubbish really, I'll just have to buy a baggage allowance instead!

Will the child be sat on the booster seat on the plane seat? If so I would clarify its for safety, not as hand luggage. See if that gets you anywhere.