Forge Valley Fails Again !! -Link

The Point is Those in power Always stated and Stressed the school was to be the best in Sheffield once built ? this has never happened . Ofsted report is there for a reason . odd few on hear should care to read it .

as I understand the Head teacher is on a very high wage and if the School still needs " Improvement" after all this time its been open , Its not saying a great much is it

The amount of children that are walking out of Forge Valley on a daily basis when they should be in school is shocking.When the weather is nice you see half of the school down Rivelin park, not in school where they should be. I pass Forge Valley I the morning and always see children walking out ..and the teachers that smoke just outside the school gate don't do the school any favours.

I think that article is actually evidence that OFSTED have difficulty distiguishing their elbow from their nether regions.

You seem to have something against Forge Valley. Maybe you should have applied for the Headship last time it was advertised.

Always has and always will. Best to ignore. One of the problem children no doubt!!!!

---------- Post added 15-07-2017 at 08:09 ----------

There's a small click of forge valley haters, I could name them all!! They all went to Wisewood themselves and are just out to bad mouth it. Dont waste your breath on them. We all know the truth about the school and how much our own kids love it.

Congratulations to the comments of the last one to post. Wholly agree. Cant believe this is still going on after all this time.

Always has and always will. Best to ignore. One of the problem children no doubt!!!!

---------- Post added 15-07-2017 at 08:09 ----------

There's a small click of forge valley haters, I could name them all!! They all went to Wisewood themselves and are just out to bad mouth it. Dont waste your breath on them. We all know the truth about the school and how much our own kids love it.

Hate is a very strong Word To use without anything to back that up , And again To say All from Just wisewood are just trying to bad mouth the school is strong words .

FACTS remain the school failed and the bright idea of the merger never worked. IF Anything I just hope lessons are learned from it . ive not read the full report so cant comment what the main issues in the Ofted report are .

I don't think hate is a strong word at all for the pathetic antics on you tube.

Neither do I think all Wisewoodians were against the merger. I'm a Wisewoodian myself that's how I know who the bad eggs are and to be honest I wouldn't expect anything less.

It's the kids I feel sorry for cause they don't know any better just the example that their wonderful parents have shown them during their years of growing up.

I don't think hate is a strong word at all for the pathetic antics on you tube.

Neither do I think all Wisewoodians were against the merger. I'm a Wisewoodian myself that's how I know who the bad eggs are and to be honest I wouldn't expect anything less.

It's the kids I feel sorry for cause they don't know any better just the example that their wonderful parents have shown them during their years of growing up.

The Bad Eggs ?? again strong words - Not sure Why Parents are to blame When its The school That's failed . Its not Parents or Childrens fault a School fails . I have not seen any ofsted report where it states because of Parents a school failed ?? I will have Glance at the Report to see where Any blame towards Wisewood Children/Parents are to blame . not really sure I will find any or can you provide a link ??

Like I said before waste and breath!!

And as ive said the Facts are there in Black n White .

Ofsted is the equivalent of a speed camera. It monitors good practice and standards in a very small area.

Guest sibon
The Bad Eggs ?? again strong words - Not sure Why Parents are to blame When its The school That's failed . Its not Parents or Childrens fault a School fails . I have not seen any ofsted report where it states because of Parents a school failed ?? I will have Glance at the Report to see where Any blame towards Wisewood Children/Parents are to blame . not really sure I will find any or can you provide a link ??

There is absolutely loads of research evidence that shows quite clearly that parents have a massive influence on their children's educational achievement. You won't find an ofsted report about it, but if you have a look through the NFER website, you will find all the evidence that you ever need.

That doesn't mean that schools don't have a big influence, but it is certainly the case that schools where parents are engaged and supportive are better schools for that.

So, yes, the parents are at least partly to blame.

FACTS remain the school failed and the bright idea of the merger never worked. IF Anything I just hope lessons are learned from it . ive not read the full report so cant comment what the main issues in the Ofted report are .

My son has passed all his GCSEs A* to B and is on track for top grades for his A levels too - not a sign of a failing school at all...but then again we try wherever possible to support the school. The school is not perfect but no way is it failing. The 'needs improvement' grade is the equivalent of what Ofsted used to grade as satisfactory. This is one grade higher than before so actually it is an improving school and far from failing.