Page Hall - Rubbish

Not just limited to Page Hall now either.

Ellerton and Wheldrake roads are covered with litter and fly-tipping going on at every corner.

I don't think these roads are cleaned as part of the daily/weekly Page Hall cycle so the rubbish has build up to a frightening level.

Not just limited to Page Hall now either.

Ellerton and Wheldrake roads are covered with litter and fly-tipping going on at every corner.

I don't think these roads are cleaned as part of the daily/weekly Page Hall cycle so the rubbish has build up to a frightening level.

We live on a smashing little council estate mostly older residents who keep their gardens in pristine condition .

THEN!!! over the last eighteen months the council has decided that the bungalows that were built for pensioners in the forties are now suitable for toss pots who have drug and alcohol problems .

The properties they move into quickly become a mess with over grown gardens and curtains that are falling down as well as litter every where .

This is the second time we have experienced this council policy a policy that made us move to this nice area in the first place .

I will bet Nuffields millions that Julie Dorrs, Motherstone , and the rest of the councillors would not let it happen in their areas.

Why not put all the toss pots together where they can cause all the mayhem they like without spoiling other neighbour hoods.

We live on a smashing little council estate mostly older residents who keep their gardens in pristine condition .

THEN!!! over the last eighteen months the council has decided that the bungalows that were built for pensioners in the forties are now suitable for toss pots who have drug and alcohol problems .

The properties they move into quickly become a mess with over grown gardens and curtains that are falling down as well as litter every where .

This is the second time we have experienced this council policy a policy that made us move to this nice area in the first place .

I will bet Nuffields millions that Julie Dorrs, Motherstone , and the rest of the councillors would not let it happen in their areas.

Why not put all the toss pots together where they can cause all the mayhem they like without spoiling other neighbour hoods.

I think that this happens to a lot of council and H association tenants in flats and bungalows, once the age restrictions are removed they put in people that will make life impossible for ordinary people that want to live a quiet and decent life, once it starts things are never the same again...and I guess its the same for Page hall as well :(

I think that this happens to a lot of council and H association tenants in flats and bungalows, once the age restrictions are removed they put in people that will make life impossible for ordinary people that want to live a quiet and decent life, once it starts things are never the same again...and I guess its the same for Page hall as well :(

When we lived on Gleadless Valley we witnessed the area deteriorate due to the policy of bringing in disruptive tenants , the old established residents held meetings with the council and social workers who just said that these people had problems and needed help !!!!!! completely ignoring the long time residents who were hard working and kept the place nice and pleasant to live in.

The out come being that every one who loved the estate gradually moved out .

As usual there will be no comment from the housing officers who let these properties on the point system instead of vetting people who may not fit in with the old established tenants.

This.

Also a mistake to have problem residents housed so close to the city centre.

This.

Also a mistake to have problem residents housed so close to the city centre.

Talking of Mayhem seems a mass brawl happened there according to the Stars website.

There appears to be a shortage of older people who want (or are eligible) for age banded properties, hence they are let to younger applicants.

Private areas have mixed age groups, nothing wrong with the principle, but there is a need for speedy intervention if tenancy agreements are being ignored. Hopefully all new tenants are on probationary tenancies!

I noticed this weekend there are only two little waste disposal bins there and they were absolutely crampacked full.

There was no place available for anyone to dispose of garbage, no wonder people throw it on the sidewalk there.

There was no place available for anyone to dispose of garbage, no wonder people throw it on the sidewalk there.

... and there you have it.

An attitude that thinks littering is acceptable.

Take it home!!!

I noticed this weekend there are only two little waste disposal bins there and they were absolutely crampacked full.

And did you notice how further up Firth Park Road where the woods are opposite Addison, Hamilton and Vivian Road there are loads of litter against the railings etc? The problem is spreading much further afield.

Sheffield is not a dirty city - it is some of the people who live in Sheffield who are dirty. Page Hall is cleaned daily and the litter bins emptied. Two years ago when I mentioned Page Hall and its mess to a female environmental health officer she told me 'We are winning the battle - slowly.' No love, you have lost the battle and people with defeatist attitudes do not help at all. If we order a new fridge or bed etc. we pay for the old ones to be removed usually by the company who has sold us the new one.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/call-for-sheffield-council-to-deal-with-never-ending-fly-tippers-in-area-that-looks-like-an-explosion-in-a-landfill-site-1-8724166

Everyone needs to do their bit to solve this problem.

... and there you have it.

An attitude that thinks littering is acceptable.

Take it home!!!

They could make some of these shops responsible for putting and maintaining waste disposal bins out there like you see on big supermarket carparks.

Then make it mandatory when selling items to ask customers to not throw things on the street.

You have to start somewhere if you want to get something done.

I don't live in the area but had noticed the rubbish on my way through. I can't understand why the residents would do this.

Maybe some of the residents who live there have a different outlook on life to the old Sheffielders who pass through this area. Different life values I suppose.

Angel1.