Page Hall - Rubbish

How many of the manors of Sheffield would you describe as reputable?

residents of page hall need to ask on how this mad problem happened in the first place who pointed the roma to page hall or Eastwood for that matter ? who was behind it ?

The buck stops with SCC .

Sheffield Council should be on top of this but the fat, useless, incompetent weasels prefer to let unregulated unscrupulous selfish drug dealers buy houses in the area.

All houses that cannot be proved to have been bought in a reputable manor should be clawed back by the state under proceeds of crime.

The council has naff all to do with who buys houses but don't let that get in the way of you rant! ?

The council has naff all to do with who buys houses but don't let that get in the way of you rant! ?

Well said sir (or madam) - you've saved me the bother.

Having said that I've just seen a job advert on the Council website for a 'unregulated unscrupulous selfish drug dealer Monitoring Officer' so it seems that they are taking action - decent money too!

No matter what you try to educate these people, the bottom line is they just don't care, you could empty six skips of rubbish there every day and they will still consider it better than what they left behind.

We're starting to be put off now, we were thinking of going to Sheffield's European quarter for our next holiday instead of Greece or Spain.

I was looking forward to the local excursions as I've always been a bit of a sightseer, it looks a bit like Venice with the crumbling plaster and dilapidated paintwork.

Then at night go to a local bistro before a stroll on the prom. I could also do a bit of shopping as I could do with a shell suit and I believe it's the only place you can buy them now apart from Liverpool, mrs gomgeg also fancies some Lycra leggings and sparkly tops, mind I've got my doubts about the leggings as I'm not sure her backside is big enough.

Well, I must go and look on trip advisor to find the best accommodation and transport options, I was thinking of going in the car but my hubcaps and stereo are fairly new and I find I always have problems achieving motion when the car's on a pile of bricks.

I'll let you know how we went on, you never know it could be the up and coming destination for us Europhiles.

We're starting to be put off now, we were thinking of going to Sheffield's European quarter for our next holiday instead of Greece or Spain.

I was looking forward to the local excursions as I've always been a bit of a sightseer, it looks a bit like Venice with the crumbling plaster and dilapidated paintwork.

Then at night go to a local bistro before a stroll on the prom. I could also do a bit of shopping as I could do with a shell suit and I believe it's the only place you can buy them now apart from Liverpool, mrs gomgeg also fancies some Lycra leggings and sparkly tops, mind I've got my doubts about the leggings as I'm not sure her backside is big enough.

Well, I must go and look on trip advisor to find the best accommodation and transport options, I was thinking of going in the car but my hubcaps and stereo are fairly new and I find I always have problems achieving motion when the car's on a pile of bricks.

I'll let you know how we went on, you never know it could be the up and coming destination for us Europhiles.

You'll need a car, any silver untaxed untested uninsured Skoda will do.

You'll need a car, any silver untaxed untested uninsured Skoda will do.

Thanks for the advice, but I don't want to stand out, we like to join in with the local culture when we're on holiday.

I live in Wakefield and let me know that the dirtiest parts of this city are where the immigrants live. I should know I live on the edge of Agbrigg, and it's mainly the Roma/Slovak gypsies that make the mess. On one very short road of 20 terraced houses, most are occupied by them and the litter is shocking.

I've also seen Page Hall/Burngreave which does seem worse than here, but there must be a link.

Interestingly, in Nottingham they have a community of them and their areas are clean, but to be honest, I find cleanliness improves greatly south of Lowedges.

I know local people drop litter too, but there does seem to a regional divide here. Tidy Britain Group on one of their publications show the league table for litter. The bottom three regions? In this order (from the worst); North West, Yorkshire, North East. Maybe littering is a Northern thing as well as an immigrant thing.

Are your buses in Sheffield strewn with peoples rubbish? They are here. They're not in Chesterfield, Derby and Nottingham.

I live in Wakefield and let me know that the dirtiest parts of this city are where the immigrants live. I should know I live on the edge of Agbrigg, and it's mainly the Roma/Slovak gypsies that make the mess. On one very short road of 20 terraced houses, most are occupied by them and the litter is shocking.

I've also seen Page Hall/Burngreave which does seem worse than here, but there must be a link.

Interestingly, in Nottingham they have a community of them and their areas are clean, but to be honest, I find cleanliness improves greatly south of Lowedges.

I know local people drop litter too, but there does seem to a regional divide here. Tidy Britain Group on one of their publications show the league table for litter. The bottom three regions? In this order (from the worst); North West, Yorkshire, North East. Maybe littering is a Northern thing as well as an immigrant thing.

Are your buses in Sheffield strewn with peoples rubbish? They are here. They're not in Chesterfield, Derby and Nottingham.

There is, they live by a totally different set of moral standards compared to most of us.

Looking at Google Maps, Page Hall looks quite clean. Where I live does too, and I tend to find most places that are normally a tip look clean on there.

I wonder why?:confused:

Looking at Google Maps, Page Hall looks quite clean. Where I live does too, and I tend to find most places that are normally a tip look clean on there.

I wonder why?:confused:

I went through Page Hall today and you would need a skip just for the chewing gum outside the betting office, vile.

I went through Page Hall today and you would need a skip just for the chewing gum outside the betting office, vile.

I went to the doctors a couple of months ago, which is opposite Wakefield Jobcentre. The street is a tip generally and although it's in the city centre, the street cleaning regime doesn't see it as so. When I came out I saw the Google Maps car pass me and the street was in its usual state. Also, a look at the same road from when they photographed it last year shows a fair amount of litter.

My point is that I presume Google Maps don't inform local councils of their photo schedules first, in case the council want to come out and clean it first.

Seems odd then in that case that Page Hall looks clean on Google Maps, when we all know it's far from it.