Wow...A house with a swimming pool for £225k !

Trouble with Norton area is that the bus service up there is even worse than here in Stannington... I went up to Gleadless Valley School on Matthews Lane a few years ago (about 3 years after I left) for a so-called re-union that only I turned up to, and it took me 3 hours to get home to Walkley cos the fuffing 48 to Town never turned up for ages.... :rant:

When we were house hunting we were sent a set of details for a house in that bit of woodhouse that got cut off by the building of the A57. It claimed to have an 'optional swimming pool' :shocked::confused:

Optional? Optional? Either you have a dirty great hole full of water in the back yard or you don't, surely? :loopy:

Do think of the maintenance costs of the pool, they're OK if you use them and budget for the upkeep, other wise however glamorous they seem they can end up a liability.

Unless it's a portable one of course strix ;)

I was on Google Earth earlier today and I noticed a swimming pool in the back garden of a house on Derbyshire Lane, Norton!!! :shocked:

The bungalow's a few doors away from me (not telling you which way ;)). They were on about filling it in from what I've heard because it cost too much to heat up but my brother used to love going round in summer and having a splash.

An outdoor pool, in the UK ?

Perhaps for a family of masochists.

Looks like a grade a property in a grade b area, if Norton is OK with you then it's not a lot of money for what you get, a nice terraced at Banner Cross would cost about the same.

Some folk don't like pools or ponds because of kids safety so they don't always add value. Norton is a nice area, it's never going to be Dore but there are a lot worse places to live and it's a lot cheaper.

i think i went to view that bungalow. The pool was nice but there was open land at the back and the guy made us suspicious as to what was going to be built on it - also thier garage was across the road, down a bit from thier bungalow and looked right decrepid! Told us he was a builder - with a garage like that!!! Also bathroom, im sure didnt have a bath, only a shower, so that was another black mark. At 225 they could keep it, he was confident that he'd got somone offering the asking price - kitchen was a bit poky too!

i think i went to view that bungalow. The pool was nice but there was open land at the back and the guy made us suspicious as to what was going to be built on it - also thier garage was across the road, down a bit from thier bungalow and looked right decrepid! Told us he was a builder - with a garage like that!!! Also bathroom, im sure didnt have a bath, only a shower, so that was another black mark. At 225 they could keep it, he was confident that he'd got somone offering the asking price - kitchen was a bit poky too!

Well it doesn't appear to be on the website anymore so maybe he was right!

Pools arent exclusive to Norton, or posh areas. I remember a few years ago when I worked at Lane Top there was one in a house near there.

There was a bit of a bidding war on this bungalow and Im pleased to say we won and are over the moon with it. Its absolutely stunning inside, beautiful garden plus we managed to have a good two weeks overall in the pool before the colder weather started. We moved over from Greystones Ecclesall area (posher most people think than Norton) but I got sick of dog poo everywhere which never got picked up). Lived there for six years and hardly knew anyone (apart from the school run people) whereas people have been so friendly over here, neighbours actually came round and introduced themselves! Didnt have that over at S11. Greystones / Banner Cross is a nice area but its full of students (dodge the sick after the weekend!) and people who dont clean up after their pets and think they are a touch better because of the post code. Anyway I dont want to pull anyone or any area down - we have settled and think its great. Thanks to everyone concerned around Norton Woodseats.