Are we expecting snow? Gritter out in July!

If there's snow then it isn't a test is it. :huh:

So you don't mind driving down city road with grit bouncing up on your car just to make sure the tipper works lol Well I could be thinking of the rock salt we get over here, when I said bouncing

---------- Post added 13-07-2017 at 12:11 ----------

Same as testing a fire hose without a fire, reduce the risk of finding out it doesn't work at the critical moment.

Sure and let's encourage businesses to test all their fire extinguishers without a fire, just to see if they work too.:D

Edited by TORONTONY

Grit is for when the roads are hot!

Grit is for when the roads are hot!

Is it to deter the frying of eggs?:hihi: Well, the roads of southern Ontario are absolutely burning hot in the Summer, sometimes at 40 degrees Centigrade , and I have never seen grit on them in 36 Summers here. Nor do I recall grit on the roads in 36 Summers in South Yorkshire. Now you know my age LOL.

---------- Post added 13-07-2017 at 14:03 ----------

Am i the only wishing it would snow?

Summer is not my friend :|

Hay Fever or other allergies?

It was snowing up at Birley Lane earlier.

Just seen a grit lorry going down City Road and it was actually dropping grit!
you will not see one in the winter unless you live on an exclusive private road

If there's snow then it isn't a test is it. :huh:

Well there is always a sky when a new jet plane has it's first test flight :P.

So you don't mind driving down city road with grit bouncing up on your car just to make sure the tipper works lol Well I could be thinking of the rock salt we get over here, when I said bouncing

---------- Post added 13-07-2017 at 12:11 ----------

Sure and let's encourage businesses to test all their fire extinguishers without a fire, just to see if they work too.:D

Testing and inspection of fire extinguishers by a competent person is a legal requirement, I'm pretty sure that sees them discharge tested every so often. Those that can't be refilled in place can be swapped for factory tested ones.

you will not see one in the winter unless you live on an exclusive private road

The grit lorries mainly do priority routes, not every road, but ironically "exclusive private roads" are the one place that council grit lorries would *never* visit.

Is it to deter the frying of eggs?:hihi: Well, the roads of southern Ontario are absolutely burning hot in the Summer, sometimes at 40 degrees Centigrade , and I have never seen grit on them in 36 Summers here. Nor do I recall grit on the roads in 36 Summers in South Yorkshire. Now you know my age LOL.

---------- Post added 13-07-2017 at 14:03 ----------

Hay Fever or other allergies?

Red Head :hihi: