Jacob Rees Mogg

If you recall, the referendum wasn't held on party political lines...

Perhaps not, but Cameron very nearly persuaded me to vote against him irrespective of the arguments.

I very much doubt that I was the only one so moved.

I'll just leave this here for you to ponder. It illustrates the dangers of hero worship: your last post reads like you've got the red mist and stopped thinking.

Edited by Hairyloon

Corbyn is the leader of the opposition. Traditionally a very powerful voice in politics. He's also pro-Brexit.

But he's got nothing to do with Britain voting Brexit.

Never change sheffforum, never change :roll:

Guest sibon
Corbyn is the leader of the opposition. Traditionally a very powerful voice in politics. He's also pro-Brexit.

Never change sheffforum, never change :roll:

The referendum was a Tory construct. The leaders of the leave campaign were Gove and Johnson.

Best to get your aim straight before shooting.

Did Corbyn whip for the amendments that the Referendum Act should have had?

Every Member who voted for the Act shares responsibility for the mess.

I agree that he is not responsible for how the nation voted, but he does have a good deal to do with how we are responding to that vote.

The referendum was a Tory construct. The leaders of the leave campaign were Gove and Johnson.

Best to get your aim straight before shooting.

So let's gets this straight. Gove, an at the time fringe Tory along with buffoon Boris, manages to convince the people that Brexit is the right course of action.

Meanwhile Corbyn, the leader of the opposition, does absolutely nothing to convince people that Brexit is a bad idea. There is nothing he could have done to counter the "behemoths" of Gove and Boris so it's ok that he did nothing at all? Not even dispel the rumour that he is actually pro-Brexit(we still don't really know as he keeps his cards close to his chest)?

And your conclusion from this is that Corbyn is completely exonerated?

I've come across computer programs whose AI allows them more free thought than your Union gives you.

This Corbyn hero worship is absurd and dangerous.

Edited by Jonny5
Far too abrupt:)

I've come across computer programs with more AI than you.

You would do: his is the real thing.

We need Kenneth Clarke to finally win the leadership of the Cons if we want any form of coherent leadership from the party.

I preferred him when he used to sit on someone's knee.

He went under the name of 'Lord Charles' in those days, and wore a monocle. :hihi:

The ventriloquist's name was Ray Alan.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/47911000/jpg/_47911729_-25.jpg

:hihi::hihi: Forgot about that! You're absolutely spot on with that!

So let's gets this straight. Gove, an at the time fringe Tory along with buffoon Boris, manages to convince the people that Brexit is the right course of action.

Meanwhile Corbyn, the leader of the opposition, does absolutely nothing to convince people that Brexit is a bad idea. There is nothing he could have done to counter the "behemoths" of Gove and Boris so it's ok that he did nothing at all? Not even dispel the rumour that he is actually pro-Brexit(we still don't really know as he keeps his cards close to his chest)?

And your conclusion from this is that Corbyn is completely exonerated?

I've come across computer programs whose AI allows them more free thought than your Union gives you.

This Corbyn hero worship is absurd and dangerous.

You've turned a thread about Jacob Rees Mogg into your infatuation with Jeremy Corbyn.

Thought this post was about Jacob Rees-Mogg? Moggy? Top cat.

You've turned a thread about Jacob Rees Mogg into your infatuation with Jeremy Corbyn.

It is kind of fair: they are two sides of the same coin.

As I said earlier, the Mogg may well do for the Conservatives what Corbyn did for Labour.

So let's gets this straight. Gove, an at the time fringe Tory.....

You certainly need to get things straight.

Last June Gove was Lord Chancellor and Justice Secretary, hardly a fringe position.