Trees being chopped right now on Crawford Road!

Which, from your description sounds to be a long, long way away.

It probably won't be in my lifetime anyway.

I do however ring them every year when the leaves have all fallen to come and clean it up. The footpaths become dangerous and unpassable in some areas. Eventually they send out a road sweeper(which they were possibly going to do anyway) but apparently Sheffield don't even do they according to some of the sufferers.

For any one who is interested - Amey are back on Crawford Road right now (2pm) to finish the job.

According to my neighbours (on Crawford Road) Amey stopped work on Tuesday after someone staged a protest, and won't resume until the person (or persons) have had their case heard in court.

Haven't been down to check what they were doing yesterday afternoon, but they are a long way from finishing the job.

Will await developments today (or not...) :confused:

I assume that they have done already, and indeed referred the answers to the Ombudsman.

Can anyone from STAG confirm what the response was?

Should we take it from the silence that's a "no"?

According to my neighbours (on Crawford Road) Amey stopped work on Tuesday after someone staged a protest, and won't resume until the person (or persons) have had their case heard in court.

Haven't been down to check what they were doing yesterday afternoon, but they are a long way from finishing the job.

Will await developments today (or not...) :confused:

Amey are back on Crawford right now taking the tree at the bottom of the road down. In fact it's probably gone as I type this message. No protestors of opposition to prevent them. I don't know anything about anyone being taken to court over what happened on Tuesday but Amey were cutting down again yesterday (weds) but stopped due to protest. So this is the third day they have been and it looks likes they will continue until every tree on the road is down.

Edited by moneyworries
typo

Amey are back on Crawford right now taking the tree at the bottom of the road down. In fact it's probably gone as I type this message. No protestors of opposition to prevent them. I don't know anything about anyone being taken to court over what happened on Tuesday but Amey were cutting down again yesterday (weds) but stopped due to protest. So this is the third day they have been and it looks likes they will continue until every tree on the road is down.

Which trees on the road are due to be chopped down? All of them seems extremely over the top!

No - but the question posed to the poster was somewhat critical of buying a house with a tree and the sarcasm as to its overnight appearance.

The council have a responsibility to home owners to maintain the trees - that's what they're doing. The fact that some people who don't live near the tree have a different opinion about the way the council are doing it isn't the homeowners problem.

The first time the trees near me cause proveable structural damage to my house i'll sue the council for reparation for failure of duty.

What is going to cost the council less, multiple actions against them or chop down a tree?

You've confused maintenance with removal for no good reason other than the profit of Amey. I can see how it was easy to mix them up though.

Oh, and my street is lined with trees and I'd like to keep it that way, the council of course aren't interested and will be ignoring the ITTP and cutting them down anyway.

---------- Post added 13-07-2017 at 10:25 ----------

They are a right bunch of devious wotsits - Amey are scumbags and I'm sorry but the trees are OURS so we have the right to protest them being cut down.

I've never had an answer as to what happens to the trees once cut down - as many are clearly healthy and causing no problems - but maybe it's a nice little earner for Amey selling the timber?

I think that not having to do maintenance on them for the next 25 years is a bigger earner.

Which trees on the road are due to be chopped down? All of them seems extremely over the top!

I'm pretty sure the plan is to remove all the trees on Crawford. I accept I may be wrong but I was told it was all of them.

I'm pretty sure the plan is to remove all the trees on Crawford. I accept I may be wrong but I was told it was all of them.

Blimey. That's ridiculous.

---------- Post added 13-07-2017 at 10:58 ----------

If only they'd continued to maintain the trees like they used to (and as is done in many other places) with regular pruning.

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoomWindow&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s19424&prevUrl=

The trees on Sheldon Road (in the picture) are now out of control.

Edited by amazon123

Trees currently being cut down near the co op at hollythopre rise area

Are you trying to say you bought the house not realising that trees grow? Did you think they were made of plastic? :roll:

Or perhaps they foolishly assumed that the council would do its duty and maintain the trees over the years?

Perhaps then the council should be doing it's duty now and maintaining them instead of removing them in order to make a profit for Amey.

Perhaps then the council should be doing it's duty now and maintaining them instead of removing them in order to make a profit for Amey.

Or perhaps they can send Amey back in a time machine to do it before they got so overgrown and the roots got so big? Is it possible to shrink tree roots?

I'm afraid that in too many cases, the stable door is open and the horse is long gone.