Trees being chopped right now on Crawford Road!

Intrusive apostrophe appearing in a sarcastic comment. How unfortunate.

Edited to say nice edit

Edited by Lurgh Mor

Thanks for the warning Amey!

Just turned up on mass. Loads if them. Banging on doors "Move your car, we're chopping the trees down"

No letter telling us that this had been decided. The last we knew it was at "consultation" after residents were asked to complete a "survey" of our views after they had already condemned all the trees. That was months ago, then, on the day of the General Election, Amey came round put notices on the trees. What happened to the consultation??? What happened to giving us any information??

Good old Amey and council, customer service at it's best!!

How can they give advance warning. If they do, protesters turn up and stop the work being done ?

Intrusive apostrophe appearing in a sarcastic comment. How unfortunate.

Minor grammatical error fixed. Doesn't alter my point at all.

For any one who is interested - Amey are back on Crawford Road right now (2pm) to finish the job.

I bet those trees literally moved in overnight when you weren't looking as well. They most certainly weren't there when you bought the house, because surely you'd have noticed them. :roll:

I bet they weren't as big and intrusive as they are now.

Neither were they likely to be doing damage to walls and pavements as they are now according to some posters.

The ones near me are now higher than our houses, when we moved in they were about 10 foot tall.If our council fail to maintain them -as Sheffield has obviously done - i'd be advocating chopping them down as well.

They are a right bunch of devious wotsits - Amey are scumbags and I'm sorry but the trees are OURS so we have the right to protest them being cut down.

I've never had an answer as to what happens to the trees once cut down - as many are clearly healthy and causing no problems - but maybe it's a nice little earner for Amey selling the timber?

The ones near me are now higher than our houses, when we moved in they were about 10 foot tall.If our council fail to maintain them -as Sheffield has obviously done - i'd be advocating chopping them down as well.

Are you trying to say you bought the house not realising that trees grow? Did you think they were made of plastic? :roll:

They are a right bunch of devious wotsits - Amey are scumbags and I'm sorry but the trees are OURS so we have the right to protest them being cut down.

I've never had an answer as to what happens to the trees once cut down - as many are clearly healthy and causing no problems - but maybe it's a nice little earner for Amey selling the timber?

Are they though ?

Do you own the ground they are growing out of ?

Are they though ?

Do you own the ground they are growing out of ?

Speaking on behalf of the general public, yes we do.

Are you trying to say you bought the house not realising that trees grow? Did you think they were made of plastic? :roll:

No - but the question posed to the poster was somewhat critical of buying a house with a tree and the sarcasm as to its overnight appearance.

The council have a responsibility to home owners to maintain the trees - that's what they're doing. The fact that some people who don't live near the tree have a different opinion about the way the council are doing it isn't the homeowners problem.

The first time the trees near me cause proveable structural damage to my house i'll sue the council for reparation for failure of duty.

What is going to cost the council less, multiple actions against them or chop down a tree?

The first time the trees near me cause proveable structural damage to my house i'll sue the council for reparation for failure of duty.

Which, from your description sounds to be a long, long way away.