What do you hate about Sheffield?

They're actually not as bad as you'd think, although I do have to swerve like a fool around some potholes, and come to a complete stop for certain speed bumps :(

There is nothing like getting off the M1 at junction 29 and driving along lovely flat roads in Chesterfield, until you get home and you hit the first few potholes!! I attempt to swerve around the worst of them in order to keep my car from having horrifically expensive suspension works!! It does not always work though....

In no particular order

Bus companies with monopoly based prices..

Lack of any culture (or soul) in the city centre

Meadowhall

Con artist taxi drivers

Slow slow slow rude rude customer service and what seems to be a passionate love of queuing...

The pot holed roads, the crumbling pavements, the blocked up drains and the lack of public transport in some areas.

I hate the fact that it seems to be becoming more like Manchester every day with gormless, uneducated, drugged up scumbags ever on the increase.

Not like my beloved Salford of course :hihi:

I live in the south of sheffield so rarely hear people with an authentic sheffield accent but I'm glad really as I can't abide people who say lass or duck or love. or The Wife when really they mean my partner

You will go down well on here then petal [or dont you like that as well ....how about Madam?]

travelling through firth park when theres 500 fooking taxi drivers all blocking the road side by side chatting through their windows with no regard to other road users.

What I loathe is Sheffield's diabolical one way systems and the way that at midday mid-week you STILL run into traffic jams. Whats that all about then?

I used to live in the city centre just behind the National Blood Bank building but whenever anyone with cars waned to visit we usually had to resort to going out looking fo them cos they got so impossibly lost (not that we were hard to find just that the one way system was so damn difficult to find your way out of).

Sheffield is an easy one way system ,move to Leeds and see traffic.