URGENT. Rescued magpie

My daughter has just rescued a magpie that she found injured in her back garden. It was being hounded by several neighbourhood cats and was not able to fly away because of its injuries. It doesn't seem as though it has serious injuries or broken wings but has lost a lot of its wing feathers and is not attempting to fly. She has rung several animal organizations for advice and help but is getting no information at all. Could someone in the know give us some advice please.

Other than phoning RSPB or PDSA, I doubt anyone would do anything about it, I found an injured pigeon a while ago, and no one would do anything, I was told to either put it outside and leave it be, or feed it etc and keep it for a couple of weeks...

If she wants any song birds in her garden then the best advice is 'neck it' !

As Ghozer says it is almost impossible to find anyone to help with these matters and even if you do you might be driving miles to take them there, you have to be realistic about these cases sometimes and let nature take its course.

---------- Post added 09-07-2017 at 17:09 ----------

If she wants any song birds in her garden then the best advice is 'neck it' !

Would that apply to a kitten if she found one too.

I found an injured wood pigeon and called our vets who told me to take it to them (which I did). Maybe try the vets tomorrow AM (so keep it overnight with a bit of food) or ...leave it to nature ...

You can take them to a local vet.

Spoke to someone I know who helps rescue birds.

They said get in touch with. The special branch on face book.

Worth a try

Most vets will treat wildlife for free so definitely worth taking it to your nearest vet. It will die a horrible death if left outside - that's just cruel!!

Just to let everyone know my daughter looked after the magpie for around 48 hours then relased it and it flew off happily. Thankyou everyone for their advice