HSBC Cityride- Sheffield- 16 July 2017

DEAR JEFF, WHO ARE YOU TO BE POSTING SUCH (NOT) HELPFUL INFORMATION? PLEASE MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN TO SHARROW VALE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION AND KEEP ABREAST OF OUR PLANS VIA THE SHARROW VALE MARKET FACEBOOK PAGE.

I have noticed over time that your updates on market dates have been helpful, but on this occasion you are not being so.

kind regards

Former Chair of the SVCA

Wow that's rather angry. He was just trying to help I'm sure!

Yes, I got told off for typing all that in caps.

But I am angry at Jeff's post so hence the caps. Being 'helpful' would not be to 'suggest' anything without doing some research and talking to the organisers. All events depend on visitors, not putting visitors off.

He has still not made himself known.

---------- Post added 11-07-2017 at 14:45 ----------

From S20. I normally drive into town then cut across to Sharron but I can drive via Meadowhead way if necessary

Map is here - https://media.letsride.co.uk/view/83e3d29d4db5059c0218c028ebd9ce24/SHEFFIELD%20FRAME%20DIGITAL%20A3.pdf

but you are right, there is nothing on the Key that says "Road Closed".

It seems it goes a bit further than Hunter's Bar Roundabout, up to Endcliffe Park field entrance, where they will turn and head back to town. You will be able to get to Onslow/Rustlings road if you approach coming downhill.

You will have to take a wide berth and go up through Nether Edge and Banner Cross, or round the other way from Crosspool.....can you tell I don't know where S20 is? :hihi:

That's ok Shelleyis. I don't know plenty of places! Your info is really helpful though and it means I can get into work on Sunday - so thank you :-)

Yes, I got told off for typing all that in caps.

But I am angry at Jeff's post so hence the caps. Being 'helpful' would not be to 'suggest' anything without doing some research and talking to the organisers. All events depend on visitors, not putting visitors off.

He has still not made himself known.

But I have, as one of the few SF members using my real name (unlike your good self!)

And did you or anyone else at SVR know about the problems before I referred to them? If so, why did you not tell nobody until I (supposedly) provoked you?

And did you or anyone else at SVR know about the problems before I referred to them? If so, why did you not tell nobody until I (supposedly) provoked you?

The only "problems" seem to be people spreading false rumours about the event instead of checking with the organisers to find out what the facts are. I'm not sure how you think they could somehow magically know about every false rumour going round.

The only "problems" seem to be people spreading false rumours about the event instead of checking with the organisers to find out what the facts are. I'm not sure how you think they could somehow magically know about every false rumour going round.

He means know about the road closure.

No he wasn't. He was spreading lies about something because he doesn't like the fact that a cycle ride will close Ecclesall Road. His lie was that it would also close Sharrow Vale Market, evidence for which he offers none other than "some suggestion" which he doesn't specify.

If he's not lying about the EU he's lying about cycling.

---------- Post added 12-07-2017 at 07:26 ----------

But I have, as one of the few SF members using my real name (unlike your good self!)

The only reason you use your real name is to promote your legal business.

Why did you not check your facts before posting? Because that wouldn't have suited your anti-cycling agenda.

And "not tell nobody" is not a standard of English expected of a solicitor. "Not tell anybody" would be what you should have written. The reason nothing was said is because it wasn't known about as you made it up, not something a solicitor should be doing.

Edited by LeMaquis

it seems to be a messy affair all round,but the sharrow market is on as normal it was announced and is a great well run event in my opinion and the last they need as I know well is false rumours,i will visit this and enjoy,forget the cycle ride good that it may be,doesnt intrest me,but I am sure many will enjoy.

No he wasn't. He was spreading lies about something because he doesn't like the fact that a cycle ride will close Ecclesall Road. His lie was that it would also close Sharrow Vale Market, evidence for which he offers none other than "some suggestion" which he doesn't specify.

Without knowing any of the history of this (I know very little of Jeffrey other than his name from here), the reaction was over the top entirely and unnecessary.

I too would have expected the market to re-schedule if there was no access to it. The fact that it isn't is great, as we always go, but there was simply no need to react with 'make yourself known to the association' which sounds rather like a threat to me.

So many people here guess at things, make assumptions etc, and there's no such response.

All I'm saying is that it wasn't needed, and could have been responded to in a far better way by someone who apparently has links to the event. It makes me question whether all their committee are so self righteous.

Perhaps the vituperation might deter people from attending. Certainly the lack of access from Ecclesall Road will be a deterrent.

The market will be brilliant as always- despite the logistical issues. Loads of effort has already been put in by the organisers and all the stall holders to make sure the date is a success. Do come and support us - we've ordered sunshine for the day!

Perhaps .......

Perhaps not. Your lies though indicate you've already made your mind up.

---------- Post added 14-07-2017 at 08:08 ----------

So many people here guess at things....

And Jeffrey is one of them with this thread.