HSBC Cityride- Sheffield- 16 July 2017

HSBC's City Ride (mass cycling events, on a city-by-city basis) comes to Sheffield next Sunday. Its duration is advertised as 1100-1500hrs.

The details are at https://www.letsride.co.uk/city-ride/sheffield

The route involves much of the City Centre, Bramall Lane, and the whole of Ecclesall Road out as far as Endcliffe Park.

NB: there's some suggestion that the planned Sharrow Vale Market Day will be postponed, what with SVR being inaccessible other than from the Psalter Lane side.

HSBC's City Ride (mass cycling events, on a city-by-city basis) comes to Sheffield next Sunday. Its duration is advertised as 1100-1500hrs.

The route involves much of the City Centre, Bramall Lane, and the whole of Ecclesall Road out as far as Endcliffe Park.

NB: there's some suggestion that the planned Sharrow Vale Market Day will be postponed, what with SVR being inaccessible other than from the Psalter Lane side.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

For big kids. For little kids...

I couldn't have put it better myself! :roll:

The market is going ahead as planned on Sunday July 16th. Ecclesall Road will be closed to traffic from 9.30 am from the Hunters Bar roundabout down to town. While this presents some logistical problems for the market, we have been advised by the Police that traders arriving after the road is closed will be able to approach Sharrow Vale Road by travelling down Junction Road and turning sharp right at the bottom, just before the roundabout, into Sharrow Vale Road. This only affects the one way section of Sharrow Vale Road, other sections of the road can be accessed as normal from Cowlishaw Road or Sharrow Lane.

sounds very busy in the city area and sharrow and its woodseats festival with there huge parade as well,,glad I am out of town it sounds a busy day though and iam sure thousands will enjoy the events

DEAR JEFF, WHO ARE YOU TO BE POSTING SUCH (NOT) HELPFUL INFORMATION? PLEASE MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN TO SHARROW VALE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION AND KEEP ABREAST OF OUR PLANS VIA THE SHARROW VALE MARKET FACEBOOK PAGE.

I have noticed over time that your updates on market dates have been helpful, but on this occasion you are not being so.

kind regards

Former Chair of the SVCA

Hi All. I have looked on various sites re the road closures for Sunday and am struggling to make sense of where is closed. I work on Rustlings Road and could do with getting in on Sunday. When I read the road closures, it looked like all of Ecclesall Road was shut. Do you think Ecclesall Road South will be open i.e. where the old post office used to be and I may be able to access or get near Rustlings Road via something like Onslow Road? Any help would be much appreciated. I'm self employed so a days missed work means no money so I want to get in if I can.

Hi All. I have looked on various sites re the road closures for Sunday and am struggling to make sense of where is closed. I work on Rustlings Road and could do with getting in on Sunday. When I read the road closures, it looked like all of Ecclesall Road was shut. Do you think Ecclesall Road South will be open i.e. where the old post office used to be and I may be able to access or get near Rustlings Road via something like Onslow Road? Any help would be much appreciated. I'm self employed so a days missed work means no money so I want to get in if I can.

You'll be ok...access to Rustling Road will be ok via Ecclesall Road South, Greystones Road and Onslow, Ranby and Peveril Rd. Alternatively via Hangingwater and Oakbrook Rd or Riverdale/Oakbrook.

Are you sure? That would be SO helpful if I could get in

Guest sibon
Are you sure? That would be SO helpful if I could get in

Where are you travelling from?

Where are you travelling from?

From S20. I normally drive into town then cut across to Sharron but I can drive via Meadowhead way if necessary

Guest sibon
From S20. I normally drive into town then cut across to Sharron but I can drive via Meadowhead way if necessary

You should be fine if you go through Meadowhead either to Carterknowle Road, or Abbey Lane. Then go past High Storrs School and along Hangingwater Road, to Nether Green and Rustlings Road.

Easy peasy:cool: