Getting Parked at Crystal Peaks

It certainly is, and one of the main issues is the pelican crossing on the hill.

All traffic is locked at the roundabout as soon as someone stops the lights, its frustrating really, as 100 yards away was a perfectly functional underpass that led to the tram stop and Sainsburys entrance.

Exactly, and not helped by the traffic lights at the tram crossing in the other direction. Do think though it could sometimes be eased if drivers saw ahead what was happening and held back from entering the island, blocking all roads onto it, and so leaving some room for flow.

I have been to Crystal Peaks this afternoon about 2, the car park was crazy people going round trying to get parked. Inside however it wasn't very busy at all, it has been like that a couple of times lately, if the car park is rammed like that then where are all the shoppers??????

I have been to Crystal Peaks this afternoon about 2, the car park was crazy people going round trying to get parked. Inside however it wasn't very busy at all, it has been like that a couple of times lately, if the car park is rammed like that then where are all the shoppers??????

On the trams or buses to city .

I've been this afternoon probably luchtime ish,got parked relatively easily. Not overly busy but full of wanderers and kids, so obviously just something to do on a wet day.

(On parkopedia it says 2 hours parking, but i do know recently that i parked up got a tram into Sheffield for an appointment that was about an hour all in and then caught the tram back from the station to the peaks.

I'm sure it was over 2 hours and probably nearer 3 - so if it is 3 hours that is sufficient time for a quick trip to the city. I haven't thought to register the parking time even having been today)

It's 4 hours, but I don't believe there are cameras, just parking attendants walking around. They may scan number plates, but you'd be unlucky to get caught if only slightly over the 4 hours.

Upstairs above Sainsbury's is the easiest place to find a space at busy times.

Its debateable which I enjoy the most, parking at C.Peaks or standing in the Que in the Halifax bank.:gag:

i go to peaks at least once a week, always get parked, to those who park at peaks and get trams ect to town, there is a park and ride at halfway for that very reason, why should genuine shoppers ect have to suffer for your selfishness

I usually go about 2.30 and it is not too bad as a lot of the people with kids are picking them up, made no difference today obviously as the kids are off.

11:00 today no problem. Straight in to choice of 3.

If I can't get parked in the Sainsbury's car park up top then I know not to even attempt to find a space in the ground floor ones.

Much easier to nip round to Drake house and park in their lower car park (the one for the complex with Argos / Pizza Hut / Carphone Warehouse etc.) then use the underpass to Peaks.

5 minute walk if that, and always been plenty of spaces there even at peak times (I went the Saturday before Christmas..!)

I usually park on upper green. there is usually space up there because it fills up last. but don't tell anyone...

Its debateable which I enjoy the most, parking at C.Peaks or standing in the Que in the Halifax bank.:gag:

Oh yes. Two of the highlights of my week. I say week as either can take up to that long