Getting Parked at Crystal Peaks

It certainly depends on the time of day and which day of the week you visit. I often pop into Sainsbury's on my way to work and it's quite surprising how many parking spaces are taken by 7.45 when the majority of the shops aren't even open. I sometimes wonder who is parked in them at that time of the morning.

Never had a issue only at Christmas and go very often and at various times of the day. Don't think your looking hard enough and parking on the housing estates it's totally wrong!!! The residents have had to have parking permits because of morons parking that go or work at peaks often they couldn't park.near there own home

I have to go every week to pay money in the bank (as they've shut down all the smaller branches) and it can be a real nightmare at times. I agree too about the roads around being gridlocked. I was talking to someone who works in one of the new units on Drakehouse and they were complaining about the small number of parking spaces they have put in per retail unit. Just shortsighted thinking. As someone said, some investment in a multi-storey would help.

Never had a issue only at Christmas and go very often and at various times of the day. Don't think your looking hard enough and parking on the housing estates it's totally wrong!!! The residents have had to have parking permits because of morons parking that go or work at peaks often they couldn't park.near there own home

There's no parking permits in that area, but being at Crystal Peaks by car for more than 4 hours essentially puts you in a position that you have a parking permit as you'd get a ticket if you are there for longer or move to another car park. So that's why I park in an estate sometimes haddy.

On hot summer days shopping centre's are always quite so you'll easily get parked. I got parked next to the main entrance at Meadowhall yesterday very easily.

I go at least once a week at varying times and except at Christmas and bank holidays have never failed to find a place to park on the upper Sainsburys tier and don't experience any gridlock getting there, in fact since Asda and the additional units at Drakehouse I think the Crystal Peaks parking is emptier.

It is a nightmare ... they have added and added units and extra retail parks to such a degree that the infrastructure is not up to the job now.

Access to Crystal Peaks is is a nightmare, the arterial roads around the area are gridlocked, not being up to the amount of traffic now visiting.

It was orginally planned that Moss Way was going to be a dual carriage way, thats why there are the big verges either side ... maybe its time that Crystal Peaks funded the widening of the roads?

Would say Was a have created more of a problem so why not them fund it or the new Aldi and shops. Can't see really why Peaks should pay. That was there well before all the other buildings so hardly see why it is peaks that has caused the problem. Everything was ok u til the new builds. Again you have to look at the council for what back handers they must have got. Who in the right my d would have passed for the new retail park with Aldi on etc without upgrading the roads

---------- Post added 07-07-2017 at 16:35 ----------

I go at least once a week at varying times and except at Christmas and bank holidays have never failed to find a place to park on the upper Sainsburys tier and don't experience any gridlock getting there, in fact since Asda and the additional units at Drakehouse I think the Crystal Peaks parking is emptier.

I full agree with this. It seems Drakehouse is the gridlock problem and have found peaks easier to park of recent. Even parking at peaks and walking up to Drakehouse

---------- Post added 07-07-2017 at 16:37 ----------

There's no parking permits in that area, but being at Crystal Peaks by car for more than 4 hours essentially puts you in a position that you have a parking permit as you'd get a ticket if you are there for longer or move to another car park. So that's why I park in an estate sometimes haddy.

On hot summer days shopping centre's are always quite so you'll easily get parked. I got parked next to the main entrance at Meadowhall yesterday very easily.

If you have genuine reason to be parked for more than 4 hours and not working any tickets will be voided. And moving car parks and parking in certain ones prevents you getting tickets. It's very annoying for residents for people parking cars outside there times and going to peaks

serious question. what would you do in crystal peaks (not drakehouse) for 4 hours ?

If I need to go I go between 9am-10am or leave my car round the back at the car wash and let them wash my car for £6

Agreed it's busy from roundabout up to Drake house I try and do my work at quieter times where I can

It certainly depends on the time of day and which day of the week you visit. I often pop into Sainsbury's on my way to work and it's quite surprising how many parking spaces are taken by 7.45 when the majority of the shops aren't even open. I sometimes wonder who is parked in them at that time of the morning.

Maybe catching tram to town.

Staff are allowed to park in car park until a certain time and again in the evening

Is it "badly designed" or is it just busy??

Its like a lot of places. They get full. Places cant always magic space out of thin air.

I would agree with the other poster that one of the more least used car parks is the upper sainsburys one. Other than that, its just going to be a case of being patient.

I can answer you that mate - no problem. It's badly designed.

I'm glad to say that I don't need to go there ever again if I don't want to. I had the misfortune of going there last year - I think it was the first time I've been for maybe 20 years. I can't remember now why my wife wanted to go there but anyhow...we did and parking was a problem for sure. But what was a much worse problem was getting out of there.

No exaggeration, but it took about 40 minutes to actually get out of the car park and join the main road. It was chaotic!

Now, that isn't just because it's "busy" me owd - sorry! It's so poorly designed that traffic cannot flow in and out.

I can answer you that mate - no problem. It's badly designed.

I'm glad to say that I don't need to go there ever again if I don't want to. I had the misfortune of going there last year - I think it was the first time I've been for maybe 20 years. I can't remember now why my wife wanted to go there but anyhow...we did and parking was a problem for sure. But what was a much worse problem was getting out of there.

No exaggeration, but it took about 40 minutes to actually get out of the car park and join the main road. It was chaotic!

Now, that isn't just because it's "busy" me owd - sorry! It's so poorly designed that traffic cannot flow in and out.

It certainly is, and one of the main issues is the pelican crossing on the hill.

All traffic is locked at the roundabout as soon as someone stops the lights, its frustrating really, as 100 yards away was a perfectly functional underpass that led to the tram stop and Sainsburys entrance.