Anyone here from Attercliffe?

hi bob

how you going on didnot expect you on net

I lived on fergusson Street until 1969 when our family were rehoused to Gleadless Valley. I was 6 at the time and had just done a couple of years at Huntsmans Gardens School. I know Fergusson Street was just off Bakers Street opposite Banners, but does anyone know where was/is the school?

Hi jandak, Huntsmans gardens was on Bodmin St and Britnall St. Unfortunately it no longer exsists

hi bob

how you going on didnot expect you on net

Whos this.:) :) :)

I remember John Botros very well. In the late 70's whilst still at school I had a part-time job at Uncle Sam's Chuck Wagon, Ecclesall Road, of which John was the proprietor. At that time is was an extremely busy and affluent concern and in many respects a long way ahead of it's time in terms of the fast food business.

John Botros was a tall and in some ways charismatic figure who was well presented with a moustache. I usually saw him in pinstripe suits (a typical trait of someone in the legal profession). The car he drove at the time was the famous "Citroen DS" in black. He was married to a very attractive blonde lady called "Kate" who I saw on a few occasions. They had a daughter called "Holly" and I heard they lived in Holmesfield (or was it Dronfield?)

John Botros himself was quite a likeable and honest person but unfortunately was subject to the ravages of drink. He was also a womaniser and had many adulterous affairs - some of them to the waitresses at the establishment he owned. My father did extensive work for him in the 70's which included work at the restaurant which included a train that circled the eating area. It is still there today and I often smile when I go in aware that my dad was the "creator" so to speak!

One of the investors in the 70's was Dave Allen (not the comedian!) the man who then ran Josephines and numerous gaming establishments. For some reason the partnership seemed to fade away although I never found out why.

I do know that Botros himself was a keen footballer and seemed to keep himself in good shape. Whilst at an interview for a legal post in Sheffield some years ago I heard that John Botros was the legal adviser to "Frank Warren" the boxing promoter and was there on the night of the almost fatal attack on Warren's life.

It has been stated that John Botros was a barrister. At the time I knew him I believed he was a Solicitor unless his status in the legal profession since then had been elevated. I have heard he currently resides in London or Oxon.

He was not at all honest. Infact although he was a barrister he has recently been struck off. At one time he worked as a solicitor in Bakewell but went bankrupt with his partner and was dealing with fraudulent transactions.

He caused many problems to many people and was a very selfish person.

He now lives in London and has twin boys who attend Eaton.

its i bri your long lost uncle

the graves a fine and peacefull place

but none i think do there embrace

its i bri your long lost uncle

the graves a fine and peacefull place

but none i think do there embrace

Hows it going , everyone ok .

still here.just handing on by my eyelashes

hope you are all well.take care.

Can`t hurt anyone now and bet your grave is not that peaceful.

give us a clue i seem to have lost the plot

which cemetery is it in

I was born at the Dog and Partridge at the junction of Staniforth Road and Attercliffe Road. We went to the Regal Cinema on Saturday mornings the Adelphi (still standing) the Globe and the Pavillion cinemas at other times. My mates lived down Albert Road and Don Street, when we lef the pictures we would buy chips at the first chip shop, put salt on at the next and vinegar at the third. Many a time we got chased by irate fish shop proprietors! The "skates" were great, my first time there was as a 14 year old (mates were older). As I remember it was records and a group. We wore italian style jackets and tight trousers with (I think) 12 inch bottoms. I pulled! her name was Pat, I hope she is well, ah the feel of bare flesh above nylon.

do you mean albert rd heeleyand don sreet .

or alfred rd and don rd. off newhall rd.

how are you?i am still here!