Anyone here from Attercliffe?

The Stuarts I remember lived near the bottom of Staniforth Road, their coal yard was somewhere near Stevenson Road

Hello Shazz,

where was Birch Road please, as this book only mentions Attercliffe common and the roads and street leading off the common.

the only stuarts i can find is [straight after MONS STREET going towards weedon street]631 Attercliffe which was a fried fish dir. There is no Sedgwick

mentioned on Attercliffe Road or Attercliffe Common. The only Coal ,Merchant was the B & C milk and coal on Broughton Lane, Coal Merchany on Dunlop Street and the National Coal Board near Warren Street.

There was a family with the name STUART who lived on Darnall, One of the daughter was called JULIE STUrt she would be around 42 - 43 now her sister tracy was the elder.

bluebird

Thankyou for looking into this for me. Birch Road i believe was near Stevenson Road Attercliffe near snooker place.

The Stuarts I remember lived near the bottom of Staniforth Road, their coal yard was somewhere near Stevenson Road

Thats right do you remember anything else

I think there were lots of them, Henry, Amos, Alfie, Gilbert, Rose, Violet, Doris, Lena, George and Elizabeth maybe a Louisa. Im doing a family tree and any knowledge of them or pictures would be kindly appreciated.

I believe my Gt Gt Grandmother run a fruit shop opposite some steel works on Birch Road Attercliffe and the coal merchants was either next door or close by near Stevenson Road.

I come from Darnall which is bang next to Attercliffe

Brooksy, are you related to either Wendy, Kay or Mavis Brookes by any chance, Wendy and Kay lived on Chelmsford Street and Mavis lived on Woodbourne Road.

Thankyou for looking into this for me. Birch Road i believe was near Stevenson Road Attercliffe near snooker place.

Sorry, but like i said before, the directory only goes along Attercliffe Road and Common and the streets which run off, not the streets which run behind

thank you for your help anyway Bluebird 62

my dad was born and bred in attercliffe, they moved to high green then in mid 70's moved back to baltic road which was at the side of banners, if anyone can remember bill bradley, or went to coleridge road school in the 40's would love to hear from you, some of my best memories were on the 'cliffe

Hiya, I'm still wading my way through the pages and saw your entry. My husband Steve Clarke and his brother Kevin lived on Zion Lane and then Treeton Street. They went to Huntsman Gardens then to Hartleybrook schools. They were good friends with Dennis & Glenn Thompson and also the Graysons. Do you remember them?

did dennis and glenn thompson have a sister called christine? who lived on the corner of chippingham street and shortridge st?

Brooksy, are you related to either Wendy, Kay or Mavis Brookes by any chance, Wendy and Kay lived on Chelmsford Street and Mavis lived on Woodbourne Road.

Yes im bob wendy and kays brother, we lived on Chelmsford st till 1976, who are you.?:thumbsup: