Anyone here from Attercliffe?

Yes, Mark, i remember David Egan, did he have a sister named Susan [i think]

she had blonde short hair.

Juliediane,Yes her name was Susan,she suffered in an accident ,I think with a fire work in a car

Juliediane,Yes her name was Susan,she suffered in an accident ,I think with a fire work in a car

SUSAN and David, mainly Susan used to knock around with pauline marshall who is still living in Darnall today Pauline lives on the stovin estate which is where the coleridge field used to be, you remember the fairs and circus what used to be held there mark. funny enough tho' the estate is called the field even today by those who remember it as it was in the pre 80's. My dad used to work on the fairs when he was a lad and also used to help in putting the Bigtop up. He used to live on the botton of greenland road in the last house as you came off clipstone road just before you came to the field.

Hello Mark,

Were Susan and David twins, as i used to think they were , they looked alike.

Roughly what year did this happen please. I do not see or hear from any of them now, but i remember seeing a group of girls sat on susan and davids wall all singing Johnny Reggae lol.

Juliediane,Yes, Tony is a good friend,I did go to Park house school but don't have a brother called Paul mine is called Kevin.The only fires I remember were on the post office field and can't recall the incident with the boy,maybe Tony can Do you remember a lad called David Egan who lived on Clipstone I have some old black and whites of ourselves sat on that cobbled Abinger st .HAPPY DAYS!!!!!

hi Mark, do you think you could scan me a few of the photos please and send them to me email address

many thanks julie

Think Carl shutt the owls footballer lived near Ribston rd.Iwent out with his sister for awhile and seem to remember them living down there in the 70s.:|

Think Carl shutt the owls footballer lived near Ribston rd.Iwent out with his sister for awhile and seem to remember them living down there in the 70s.:|

hI brooksy,

Yes you are right, Carl Shutt did live on DarnaLL, but not sure about the road, if you say he lived near ribstone road then i will believe you.

juliediane

Hi,

I've just read the book by Michael Liversidge called A wander up the 'Cliffe. A great read for reminiscing. It gives fab info about what shops were where, and some good pics too. Ah, memories!

Hi all.:thumbsup:

I've just joined the site and am researching my family tree for the Batty family (confectioners) of Attercliffe. According to the 1901 Census they lived at 634 Attercliffe Rd, and my great gran Olive worked at Watts chemist at No.632. These numbers seem to be Banners building but I remember that as a department store in the 60s. Was it split into living quarters before this? My mum only remembers Olive having all fingers chopped off one hand in an accident at work, and being from Batty's sweet family of Attercliffe. Not much to go on, but can anyone help please? Cheers :)

Hello shelby.

another book you ought to read about the original John Banners when it was a single story building with the living apartments behind is "The history of old Attercliffe by G vine" this is now deleated but can be obtained from the library. you will also read that the banners had a sister and when they moved out of the banners building they moved into chippingham house across the road at shortidge street where is now a clothing store stands on the site. also of the orchards and trees were on new hall road near to where the new hall was. i fasinating history lesson if i say so myslef.

Hi

My dad was born at home in Frank Place, Attercliffe in 1937. I think he lived there until about 1950 and he attended Huntsman Garden School. Does anyone remember him - his name is Don Noble? His parents were called Jenny and Frank

Thanks

Lisa :)

hi brooksy,

just read all the posts and remembered some places,i too went to woodbourn school,remember the smithys weird family they lived on cottingham street, we did too 144, iwent on to beaverhill then we moved to hillsborough, im 41 this year so im a little younger than u i think i remember david twelvetrees,nice looking lol tracy walton,michelle hirst,penny fletcher,lorraine beal,susan bonsall ,gillian storey,all from woodbourn rd school the lads i remember are wayne lycett,peter damms,and the teachers at woodbourn mrs whitehouse,mrs ring,mr simms,used to go to rec and had some great happy times when we were kids,my maiden name was kemp,all off cliffe and carbrook,mums side too they were the megsons and the vesseys,anyways i think its a good thread and i hope all ex cliffe's keep it going.

We lived at 141 Penny is my sister.

brooksy, did you know George Shutt? I think he was Carl's uncle, and a decent footballer and cricketer.