Anyone here from Attercliffe?

Hi SueW

I was born in 1951 and I also remember Susan Grimshaw's sad passing, I can still picture her with her long brown plaits. I also remember Miss Hill and do you remember Mr Mallaband, the headmaster of Woodbourne School.

I lived on the corner of Ferneough street and Staniforth Road, this was replaced by shopacheck.

Hi SueW

I was born in 1951 and I also remember Susan Grimshaw's sad passing, I can still picture her with her long brown plaits. I also remember Miss Hill and do you remember Mr Mallaband, the headmaster of Woodbourne School.

I lived on the corner of Ferneough street and Staniforth Road, this was replaced by shopacheck.

Hi RoseHadi

Yes I do remember Mr Mallaband and Mrs Gleadhill who was the reception class teacher. I think the teacher, whose name I couldn't remember the other day, may have been Miss Smith. My mum was a bit of a hoarder and I still have some schoolwork from the 1950's. I suppose the fact that I've held on to it makes me just as bad! Do you remember learning about "Nanook of the north"? If you view my posts you will see that I recently recalled the names of a few of my old classmates. My name then was Susan Watson. Funnily enough I don't live a million miles from where you are now.

Hi cliffys,funny when your dropin off some old memory pops into your head, does anybody remember a large wall painting on the end of a house think there were flags on it, think it was on kings lake st .anyone shed some light can put it to rest in my head.

Mickr thanks for info i went to school coleridge rd both the Calvert bros went there i left late forties and moved to Saxilby near Lincoln, The Calverts used to come out our area with there friends fishing and drink in my local the Sun Inn in Saxilby. Ronny Billys bros semi retired to a place out side Skegness. REX was a retired Boxer and he could hit believe me. Back to the school Coleridge Rd we used to have to walk past a Sulphur factory just down the rd from school and all the glass windows had it on you could hardly see through them, just a few more mems DTM

I went fishing at Saxilby once in the early 60's. Wasn't there a chicken or something packing plant there at that time? Was the river the Witham? Hubberts Bridge on the South Forty Foot was my favourite. I seem to remember a pub there that never asked anyone's age - maybe that's why it was my favourite!!

The chicken factory you talk about was in a village down the rd it was called Kettlthorpe there was nine sites alltogether there was allso a mill that made all the meal and chicken pellets i was the mill manager for several years and lived on the site for a while then moved into Saxilby.Iallso used to go to the south forty foot fishing i had a cottage on the bank of the Fossdyke and could fish out the bedroom window DTM

I went fishing at Saxilby once in the early 60's. Wasn't there a chicken or something packing plant there at that time? Was the river the Witham? Hubberts Bridge on the South Forty Foot was my favourite. I seem to remember a pub there that never asked anyone's age - maybe that's why it was my favourite!!

My father used to take us to Hubbert's Bridge most weekends when we were kids, as the fishing in the Forty-Foot was brilliant. We had a red and white Bedford caravette, and we used to stay on Mrs May's Caravan site, called "the Orchards". You could see Boston Stump, across the fields from there, three or four miles away.

I can recall an odd character who worked as a coalman, he walked about with his mouth ' permenantly ' wide open as far as it would go. He never washed and had coal dust on his face.

Anyone remember him ?

Hi RoseHadi

Yes I do remember Mr Mallaband and Mrs Gleadhill who was the reception class teacher. I think the teacher, whose name I couldn't remember the other day, may have been Miss Smith. My mum was a bit of a hoarder and I still have some schoolwork from the 1950's. I suppose the fact that I've held on to it makes me just as bad! Do you remember learning about "Nanook of the north"? If you view my posts you will see that I recently recalled the names of a few of my old classmates. My name then was Susan Watson. Funnily enough I don't live a million miles from where you are now.

I remember your name Susan but I can't place your face, do you remember me?

Yes I remember Mrs Gleadhill and I think the other teacher was Miss Smith. Did you go onto Beaver Hill after leaving Woodbourne Road? About three years ago I was contacted by Joyce Fairchild who was arranging a reunion, I went and there were a few blasts from the past, it's really weird seeing past faces all these years on. Do you remember Susan Hancock, she apparently lives in Cyprus. It was sad to hear at the reunion that Joan Bishop has sadly passed on and so has Lynne Beet. I went along with Felicity Jackson as we have still kept in touch all these years.

Edited by Thunzi
fixed quote

Hi cliffys,funny when your dropin off some old memory pops into your head, does anybody remember a large wall painting on the end of a house think there were flags on it, think it was on kings lake st .anyone shed some light can put it to rest in my head.
hi yes i remember that painting was it on the end house at colereridge road end i don t know its origin

I remember your name Susan but I can't place your face, do you remember me?

Yes I remember Mrs Gleadhill and I think the other teacher was Miss Smith. Did you go onto Beaver Hill after leaving Woodbourne Road? About three years ago I was contacted by Joyce Fairchild who was arranging a reunion, I went and there were a few blasts from the past, it's really weird seeing past faces all these years on. Do you remember Susan Hancock, she apparently lives in Cyprus. It was sad to hear at the reunion that Joan Bishop has sadly passed on and so has Lynne Beet. I went along with Felicity Jackson as we have still kept in touch all these years.

Hello again

I'm in the same boat as you ! The name Rose does ring a distant bell but I can't remember your face either. I know we were both born in 1951 but there is still a possibility the we were in different school years. I was born in April but if you were born from August/September onwards you would have been in the year below me. I left in 1959 when we moved from my nan's house. I then went to Pipworth Road Junior school and from there to the City Grammar - that was in 1962. Once there at least 3 pupils from Woodbourn Road joined me and they were Diane Littlewood, Martin Adshead and David Eblett. If none of those names ring a bell I guess we probably were in different years. I did enjoy those first few years at infant school.

Edited by Thunzi
fixed quote

Anyone remember Miss Renshaw and Miss Wilson at Carbrook County School around 1955