Anyone here from Attercliffe?

Born on the Cliff but lived in Paraguay for the last 30 years. My wife is from Brazil, next door to Paraguay, but speaks English with a Sheffield accent and is a Sheffield Wednesday supporter.
Top lass.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Top lass.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I taught her a 1960s song we chanted on the Spion Kop at Hillsborough .

"Hi yai hi yai Springett is better than Yashin and Yashin is better than Eusabio and United are in for a thrashing"

She sings it in a Paraguyan dialect with Spanish and Sheffield dialect thrown in.

HI just joined the forum first Thread as you call them so i dont know the ins and outs i

was born in Ravensworth rd of Broughton lane in1935 the family name was MYERS i am

Derek thomas the eldest lad i went Carbrook school and Coleridge rd, we moved to Lincolnshire in the 50s. It has been marvelous to read all the differant yarns i hope to

contribute some of my own in the near future, untill then thanks for the memories DTM

HI just joined the forum first Thread as you call them so i dont know the ins and outs i

was born in Ravensworth rd of Broughton lane in1935 the family name was MYERS i am

Derek thomas the eldest lad i went Carbrook school and Coleridge rd, we moved to Lincolnshire in the 50s. It has been marvelous to read all the differant yarns i hope to

contribute some of my own in the near future, untill then thanks for the memories DTM

Hi, Derek, and welcome to the forum, what number Ravensworth Rd did you live at? I had family on Ravensworth and Carltonville Roads, my Great grandpa was a Merrils.

HI Plain Talker

I lived at No18 my granparents lived at No16 it was next door i had aunt and uncle,and a cousin who lived in the bottom yard opposite the BIRD IN HAND pub some of my friends who lived in the st were the Green family Barks, Wise, Carson, On Carltonvilla rd there D was D NADIN i think he became an Hairdresser some where up the Cliff I used to deliver the STAR round all the local streets so i new afew people, the name MERRILS seems to ring a bell. thats about it for now bye DTM

HI Buck

I remember the ATTERCLIFFE roller skating ring we used to walk there from carbrook we all ways bought a pommygranit had it cut up between us and we all had a pin to eat the seeds, i recall there were 2 floors one for learners it had a rail down the middle, then there were our big rink like you i thought i was good but it soon sorted you out. we used to pass a swop shop on the cliff i swopped a case ball as they were called for a pair of skates the football was the old T pannelled sort the modern day pansis would break there ankles if they kicked one and it had a laze that cut when you headed it cheers DRK

Hi everyone just found this site I used to live on clarefield road

hi martin1966

just catchiing up with forum lived on carltonville rd from 1939 till 1962

had some friends on this road and school pal

regards aj

HI Plain Talker

I lived at No18 my granparents lived at No16 it was next door i had aunt and uncle,and a cousin who lived in the bottom yard opposite the BIRD IN HAND pub some of my friends who lived in the st were the Green family Barks, Wise, Carson, On Carltonvilla rd there D was D NADIN i think he became an Hairdresser some where up the Cliff I used to deliver the STAR round all the local streets so i new afew people, the name MERRILS seems to ring a bell. thats about it for now bye DTM

hi derekthomas

just caught your thread lived on carltonville rd from 1939/62 ,

attended carbrook county inf junnior then coleridge rd sec mod remember doug nadin lived bottom of carltonville rd just before arch way into strauts coal yard he work at bob hewits oppersite ferns garage just past bottom of broughton lane cant remember name of road but led on to surbiton street

regards aj

HI AJ

Thanks for thread on D NADIN i am going to start on Coleridge RD school do you remember teacher Fitspatric he took the training for the rugby team i was a member of the team i have a photo of the team some where, iam trying to remember the football teacher i think it was nailer a little man smoked a pipe used to walk us little wembly on wed afternoon past the rolling mills we used to nip in the mills to have a drink of water

some times get left behind and skive of home or sit on canal side and have a fag regards

DTM

The teacher you describe sounds like Pop Naylor

HI AJ

Thanks for thread on D NADIN i am going to start on Coleridge RD school do you remember teacher Fitspatric he took the training for the rugby team i was a member of the team i have a photo of the team some where, iam trying to remember the football teacher i think it was nailer a little man smoked a pipe used to walk us little wembly on wed afternoon past the rolling mills we used to nip in the mills to have a drink of water

some times get left behind and skive of home or sit on canal side and have a fag regards

DTM

It is Pop Naylor you remember. He used to take us for music as well. Mr Philips a Welshman took rugby for one season but then it was disbanded and football was all the go.

We went to Little Wembly a couple of timed but by the time we reached there and got changed; plus the walk back , we finished playing after about 15 minutes.

I can remember calling at the tap in the rolling mills for a drink on our way back.

Mr Phillips ran a rugby team at Colleridge Road School in the time I was there but it was never as successfull as the football team which was one of the best in the Sheffield area