Anyone here from Attercliffe?

can anyone remember Sam's sweet shop next to the Globe flicks on Attercliffe Common.

Nice people on this thread and interesting too.

Hi

I also grow up on clay st the same time as you and went to maltby st school

Do you remember the sunday school next to joe emmens and every corner had a shop used to go and get dad a pint in the jug from the shop at the bottom of clay st the one near the don . I used to go pack shellfish for the working mens clubs thurs/friday nights & sat mornings for pocket money would only have been about 12 or so

Anyone rember susan & lesley sheldon they lived on clay st same yard as me

Be good to hear fom someone

Poppit

Do not know them myself , but this is a great thread and loads of info about the Cliff and its good people.

Hi Poppit,

I do remeber going to sunday school next to Joe Emmens at the end of Norman street. I think that I do remember susan sheldon but only the name. Yes, there was a shop at every corner, a grocers opposite Joe emmens, I think! I left Norman street in 72 when they pulled it down, also left Park House that year, so we should know each other.What other memories do you have of cliffe times in the 60's and 70's?

Hi Poppit,

I do remeber going to sunday school next to Joe Emmens at the end of Norman street. I think that I do remember susan sheldon but only the name. Yes, there was a shop at every corner, a grocers opposite Joe emmens, I think! I left Norman street in 72 when they pulled it down, also left Park House that year, so we should know each other.What other memories do you have of cliffe times in the 60's and 70's?

Yes that would have been Mrs Holroyd's. I remember going there for stuff for my dads pack up when I came home from school. I was going to ask about Clay Street Mission Hall myself as I also went there, to Sunday school and sometimes the evening service and Girls Life Brigade.

I remember a Sandra Sheldon.

Yes that would have been Mrs Holroyd's. I remember going there for stuff for my dads pack up when I came home from school. I was going to ask about Clay Street Mission Hall myself as I also went there, to Sunday school and sometimes the evening service and Girls Life Brigade.

I remember a Sandra Sheldon.

HI JOAN

Was sandra sheldon the mother of the 2 girls Think she had a baby boy just before they left the cliff?

I went to sunshine corner still got my book and medal for going there for 5 years

Did you live on clay st ?

Trying to get some photos

Went down clay st a few months ago looks dirty not the place I rember

I had a wonderful childhood so its so nice to talk to other people who live down the cliff

P

Hi Poppit,

barnsey

I also used to climb onto the roof and jump into the nearby graveyard what a big grave yard used to play in there for hours . Used to go to the pea & pie shop for a fag & 2 machtes before catching the bus to school (park house).

Do you remember whitsun when we all had new colthes and we used to go round to everyones house and they would give us money.

And all the men would walk behind big banners I think we used to walk to high hazels park.

And then we had a day out with the working mens club to the seaside we would all get on the coach and they would give us crips and pop on the way home. My dad used to go to a working mens club down the bottom of prince of wales rd & one the back of swiming baths used to be a used car lot on the corner

Dad was a swing grinder and mum used to take in wash & ironing & do cleaning . do you rember the old wash house the room on the side with a green wall if I was lucky mum would have a bit of chalk for me so I could write on the wall used to send hours there.

Thought Joe Emmens was at the bottom of brompton rd?

Speak soon P

Joe Emmens was bottom of Norman St where it met Clay St and Brompton Road. Next to the Mission Hall.

I lived on Newhall Road....opposite the other end of Norman st, bottom of Gennel that went up to Adelphi (and school clinic).

Sandra Sheldon was younger than me I think and can just remember her from school so I think I left before she would have and then moved on from Attercliffe really in 61

Joe Emmens was bottom of Norman St where it met Clay St and Brompton Road. Next to the Mission Hall.

I lived on Newhall Road....opposite the other end of Norman st, bottom of Gennel that went up to Adelphi (and school clinic).

Sandra Sheldon was younger than me I think and can just remember her from school so I think I left before she would have and then moved on from Attercliffe really in 61

Hi do remember a mona lee on clay st ?

hi i also went to ellsmere road school in 1965, what was the year you were there? if i remember correctly the school was at the bottom of petre street or near there and further down the street was spital hill, im now 48 so i can only vaugly remember. i moved from sheffield to newcastle in 1975

i was born at attercliffe, i lived at 67 worthing road, i went to woodburn hill school, i know that worthing road was pulled down years ago, can you remember the duckers family from the cliffe?