Anyone here from Attercliffe?

Sorry Plain Talker, but there was only one pub on Staniforth Road and that was the "Staniforth Arms" Apparently the Earl of Staniforth would only allow one pub on the road. The pub at the Darnall end are addressed as Main Road (The Wellington)

the story was no pubs could be built on staniforth road ---the staniforth arms was built further back off the road--and got round it

Can't say as I can remember Pete. The guys I remember a year above my year are Dennis Topham,David Simmonite, Glen Pickard, Rosemary Lambert, Alan Ellis,Spud Rawson et al. I'm on one of the class pictures of Hartley Brook. They also at one time had a picture of the Brook itself taken from the entrance area above the bridge but I can't find it anymore. Help anyone?? I still don't know if I know you. Send a pm personal message if you don't want your name on here. Just click on mickr and follow on from there.

pete used 2 hang about with dennis topham ,dennis runs his own car sales it was in firth park, hes not seen alan ellis for a couple of years saw his sister rita last saturday glen pickard went to live in canada been home a few times we think hes now in colombia (sos)dont think you know me as im not from sheffield i married pete longley.he hung around with frank&elvin smith kenny martin and glen pickard:D

People used to go to Raymond Hall instead of the doctors, I remember my mum taking me there loads of times. I remember the lady who used to work with him, she was called Winnie I think, I know she moved to the shop at Darnall and worked there for several years.

i lived on selbourne street--not far from raymond halls shop--our gp was dr nelson further down -i was scared stiff of him

pete used 2 hang about with dennis topham ,dennis runs his own car sales it was in firth park, hes not seen alan ellis for a couple of years saw his sister rita last saturday glen pickard went to live in canada been home a few times we think hes now in colombia (sos)dont think you know me as im not from sheffield i married pete longley.he hung around with frank&elvin smith kenny martin and glen pickard:D

I actually met up with Glen here in British Columbia in 1988. He became a commercial pilot with his own company based out of Calgary Alberta. His company was bought out by a major airline and he got the senior VP job in marketing as part of the deal. I work for a small municipality in Northern BC and we were trying to attract scheduled air service. A letter came across my desk from the airline with a Glen Pickard signature. I picked up the phone and it was him! He came to visit as part of the proceedings. He was married to a Chinese gal and lived in Calgary. He had two kids then. He used to be best buddy with my cousin David Perkins who lived with us on Beall St at that time. Told me he'd seen David Simmonite on a few visits back to UK. I actually contacted Rosemary Lambert two or three years ago on the Friends Reunited site. She told me that David Topham had a garage but I thought she said it was at the top of Bellhouse Rd. I have also 'talked' with Renee Kettle on that same site. Let me know if you remember anyone else.

i married jackies brother pete we knew about brian but did not know he had a sister

im his brother,not sister,he has 2 brothers,me and alan,and 2 sisters,lynn and jean,my mother was sylvia,me and our lynn was always at joyces,we spent a few weeks there in 65 when mum was in hospital having our alan. our brian is 52 in april,im 48 this year,lynn,s 46 next,alans 43 next & our jean is 37 this year. i always thought jackie was an only child for some reason,but im guessing pete was a few year older than her.

im his brother,not sister,he has 2 brothers,me and alan,and 2 sisters,lynn and jean,my mother was sylvia,me and our lynn was always at joyces,we spent a few weeks there in 65 when mum was in hospital having our alan. our brian is 52 in april,im 48 this year,lynn,s 46 next,alans 43 next & our jean is 37 this year. i always thought jackie was an only child for some reason,but im guessing pete was a few year older than her.

sorry! i married pete in 1966 i did not come from sheffield he had a brother called terry then there was rita then pete then jackie shes 51 this year .terrys wife ivy died 2 year ago joyce was at the funeral we did not know till later didnt get chance to meet her again .by the way im mary used to sit and drink tea with joyce and have a chat

oops missed petes elder sister pat out

oops missed petes elder sister pat out

what were petes parents called???lol and clem are in my mind,but im not sure,also nance.....its been 40 years!!!

what were petes parents called???lol and clem are in my mind,but im not sure,also nance.....its been 40 years!!!

yeh it was clem and nance its a long time weve been married 42 years

thanks for that,i will remember you to our brian,i should be seeing im sometime soon.

I actually met up with Glen here in British Columbia in 1988. He became a commercial pilot with his own company based out of Calgary Alberta. His company was bought out by a major airline and he got the senior VP job in marketing as part of the deal. I work for a small municipality in Northern BC and we were trying to attract scheduled air service. A letter came across my desk from the airline with a Glen Pickard signature. I picked up the phone and it was him! He came to visit as part of the proceedings. He was married to a Chinese gal and lived in Calgary. He had two kids then. He used to be best buddy with my cousin David Perkins who lived with us on Beall St at that time. Told me he'd seen David Simmonite on a few visits back to UK. I actually contacted Rosemary Lambert two or three years ago on the Friends Reunited site. She told me that David Topham had a garage but I thought she said it was at the top of Bellhouse Rd. I have also 'talked' with Renee Kettle on that same site. Let me know if you remember anyone else.

pete says he left school summer 1961 (glen and a few others stayed on for another year) that means there could be 2 years between you he remembers renee kettle.ray vardy christine+kathleen hickey.mick lee kieth south.his memory is not as good as it used to be,lol:confused:

i lived on selbourne street--not far from raymond halls shop--our gp was dr nelson further down -i was scared stiff of him

went to woodbourne road school-until beever hill opened --spent my last year there---my best friend was pam bamforth who lived on woodbourne road---we are still in touch--i am new to the forum, would love to talk to people from that era