Anyone here from Attercliffe?

does anyone know the glasbys,longleys or scarrats off newhall road???

I do know one of said family. Son turned to the mob.

I do know one of said family. Son turned to the mob.

i think you must be mistaken,only one of the above families had a son,it is well documented he was a war hero,decorated for his heroics at the iranian embassy in the early 80,s,he now makes a living learning survival skills to the good people of sheffield,he is an expert in camouflage,so much so,that since they paid their fees,he has melted silently into his surroundings,disappearing from view. so think on my young friend,is it the breeze that blows your hair,or is it our hero toying with you????

Talking of Attercliffe, does anybody know why the Greyhound has closed down? Is it permanent or temporary? Had some good nights in there when Graham was DJ'ing

hi billy the greyhound was open in the last week in nov as i was in there,

but i think they was ready to shut down as the lemonade and orange came out of a bottle on the bar and not through the pumps

and the spirts was all low or empty,

graham is now living abroad i know his wife's sister.

i know glasbys longleys and scarrats from newhall road

I came from Newhall Road as well.:thumbsup:

hi joan my husband lived next door to glasbys opposite the brickmakers pub. im new to this forum so dont know what im doing yet lol:help:

hi joan my husband lived next door to glasbys opposite the brickmakers pub. im new to this forum so dont know what im doing yet lol:help:

Was that at the bottom end of Newhall? towards Brightside.... I was on the top bit near the 'cliffe. I don't recognise any ot the names mentioned oh and this was in the 50s/60s....

(You will soon get the hang of it and your doing ok:thumbsup::))

hi joan yes it was the bottom of newhall rd its now the pdsa for sick animals o/h went to newhall school till 1957 then hartley brook till 1961

I was at Maltby Street and left in 1957 starting work at C&A's straightaway....I went down Newhall Road 2 years ago, in the car and by the time I recognised something, we'd gone past it......:)

my sister in law worked at the walpaper shop ,top of newhall rd her mum n dad ran attercliffe libs

my husband lived in the same yard as glasbys scarrats lived in next yard