Anyone here from Attercliffe?

hi bluebird

blimey a woman addmiting her age lol....i lived no5 clipstone rd top yard my name is david egan my sister was sue....im racking my brain trying to put a face to your name i know you but its not forthcoming!! forgot about mat hirst he was lot younger ,remember gary went in army ...i lived at clipstone from 65-75 then we moved to shiregreen ...ps do you remember the mayo family they lived bottom of clipstone in the manor house biggest house on clipstone?

Hello Dave

Who knows that i am speaking the truth about my age, like you said , a woman never admits her age? lol. i could be 16. etc only i know.lol.

Yes i remember the mayo family, Richard. Craig and susan. The last time i saw craig he was a postman and i have not seen craig since living on clipstone road, i still see susan tho' on Darnall. Mat was very young at the time but he has grown up like Gary, tall. I remember seeing your sue with a group of girls sat on the wall singing johnny reggie, funny the things what stick in the minds. My parents are Bob and Babs at 31 clipstone road. I remember you had blond curly locks back then, do you still have them?.

How is your Sue now. Your names have never escaped my memory. I was a philimore but started in the 3rd year as we moved back here from Aston [white city] swallownest.DArnall has changed dramatically now so much that you would never recognise it. Where you lived there is now 2 semi bungalows now and palmer road has been demolished down one side .newish houses have sprung up. The big house , cliptone villa" mayos house has been demolished and there is only open ground there. The demolishing happened some years ago. The residents are pratically all new who live on clipstone road now, as they have either been forces to move out or they have passed away. How are you and how is your susan please. Hope you are both well.Do you have any family , i have one and am a granny now lol. to 2 lovely little darlings a boy and a girl.

sorry Dave but i must go now but will chat again.

see you soon

regards julie xx p/s what is your email. you can get mine by clicking on my name bluebird62.

Hello Dave

Who knows that i am speaking the truth about my age, like you said , a woman never admits her age? lol. i could be 16. etc only i know.lol.

Yes i remember the mayo family, Richard. Craig and susan. The last time i saw craig he was a postman and i have not seen craig since living on clipstone road, i still see susan tho' on Darnall. Mat was very young at the time but he has grown up like Gary, tall. I remember seeing your sue with a group of girls sat on the wall singing johnny reggie, funny the things what stick in the minds. My parents are Bob and Babs at 31 clipstone road. I remember you had blond curly locks back then, do you still have them?.

How is your Sue now. Your names have never escaped my memory. I was a philimore but started in the 3rd year as we moved back here from Aston [white city] swallownest.DArnall has changed dramatically now so much that you would never recognise it. Where you lived there is now 2 semi bungalows now and palmer road has been demolished down one side .newish houses have sprung up. The big house , cliptone villa" mayos house has been demolished and there is only open ground there. The demolishing happened some years ago. The residents are pratically all new who live on clipstone road now, as they have either been forces to move out or they have passed away. How are you and how is your susan please. Hope you are both well.Do you have any family , i have one and am a granny now lol. to 2 lovely little darlings a boy and a girl.

sorry Dave but i must go now but will chat again.

see you soon

regards julie xx p/s what is your email. you can get mine by clicking on my name bluebird62.

hi julie

yes we both fine sue runs a childminder in longley and doing quite well she married with 2 girls both in 20s and just going to be a grandma herself. lost all my blonde curls thank god lol but still got all my hair and teeth (well im 45 you know ha ha) got 2 kids my son is 29 my daughter 23 i work with my son we are plasterers and my daughter has got hew own hairdressing business but no grand kids yet !!! will email you and you can send me a pic of you because i still cant put face to name.

regards dave xx

must be same age as me 45 i went to phillimore and used the same shortcut lol i was in mrs parkins class with andrew ward ,brian stevens,david marples,paul cain,to name a few ....and good times living down there hanging around with roley twins and hirst bros. sorry to hear about your cousin! you didnt hear much of that kind of thing back in those days .

regards dave

Hi David, hope you are okay,

We know a Brian Stevens but i doubt it being the same one as he is in his 60.s. He used to live off coventry street near the monkey pub. Do you remember the Darnall cemetery on Darnall. well our bungalow back wall is the cemetery wall. so you may have a clue where we live now lol. A few years ago, our bungalow was on look north, Paul Hudson did the weather from outside our home as my husband had decorated the house for christmas, we still have a few on the roof lol. we are well known for this on Darnall and for santa dishing gifts out from his sack on the back in the gazeboo. lol. He usually starts 1st december being santa. But we usually start decorating the outside of the house from this month but we are running late this year.I am in regulaer contact with Andy's brother Tony Ward. Do you know him. Andy married Gail and have 2 children. They live on xxxxxx at Handswoth.If you can, please come down it would be nice meeting up one again. Talking about the old days, You know coleridge field is now the stoven estate and has been this since the late 70's early 80's, and the other field what was near Dave's cafe at the bottom of fitzmaurice road is Greenland estate. Such a lot has changed dolwn here, what is it like up where you live.

speak again soon

jules xx

anybody on here come of attercliffe i was born on attercliffe and lived just of staiforth rd on chelmsford st i attended woodbourn rd school

i was born on coleford road

Yes bluebird62, spot on, thats the one!

Reason I wondered if anyone remembered them is because they were my Grandparents, though they didn't move anywhere else after that as beemerchez said, because from there they retired.

Glad you remembered them though. :thumbsup:

HELLO discovery.

Do you remember the "white flashing light " on the lighthouse as you walked thro' the door of the fish & chip shop.

hi. lol i'm 50 now. as quoted by beemerchez

do you know my hubby and his family they lived bradford street slaters, kevin my hubby is 50 also or was as he died last month

did your husbands family go to Carbrook School if so I used to sit next to Martyn Slater in Miss Renshaws class if I remember correctly he used to have a mop of curly hair .

My hubby lived on Newhall Rd. Does anyone remember Mrs Persils fish and chip shop? or "Larney" the man who delviered newspapers on his bike.

Hi David, hope you are okay,

We know a Brian Stevens but i doubt it being the same one as he is in his 60.s. He used to live off coventry street near the monkey pub. Do you remember the Darnall cemetery on Darnall. well our bungalow back wall is the cemetery wall. so you may have a clue where we live now lol. A few years ago, our bungalow was on look north, Paul Hudson did the weather from outside our home as my husband had decorated the house for christmas, we still have a few on the roof lol. we are well known for this on Darnall and for santa dishing gifts out from his sack on the back in the gazeboo. lol. He usually starts 1st december being santa. But we usually start decorating the outside of the house from this month but we are running late this year.I am in regulaer contact with Andy's brother Tony Ward. Do you know him. Andy married Gail and have 2 children. They live on xxxxxx at Handswoth.If you can, please come down it would be nice meeting up one again. Talking about the old days, You know coleridge field is now the stoven estate and has been this since the late 70's early 80's, and the other field what was near Dave's cafe at the bottom of fitzmaurice road is Greenland estate. Such a lot has changed dolwn here, what is it like up where you live.

speak again soon

jules xx

hi jules

i remember steven ward more' middle brother of andy and tony ...did tony go in navy?... i remember ther dad died when we was still in junior school i was about 9ish....andy,s mother maked a lovely cup of tea lol.....and also a lovely lady bringing up the sons all alone . and yes i know where you live lol...used to hang around around there as kids.down to the cemetery front gates if you went left used to be a scrap yard knuttalls and if you followed the path through some woods there was a big pond there ...we called it rainbow pond. reminds me irish blade is coming over from ireland in sept hoping to meet up with him for a few beers catch up on old times ...be nice to get a few of us in a local down attercliffe and have a chit chat maybe you could get one going!!!!! speak soon dave x

did your husbands family go to Carbrook School if so I used to sit next to Martyn Slater in Miss Renshaws class if I remember correctly he used to have a mop of curly hair .

yes kevin had a brother called martyn and he did have a mop of curly hair he's 48, he did go to carbrook school.

hi bluebird

my name is david egan my sister was sue....

David

Just curious , would there be anyone called Pamela in your Family ( older ) ?

I worked for Marcrofts,A roofing firm opposite The Carbrook Hall pub.The chap I mated was a bloke called Sid Shaw who lived on Bradford St.Every morning we would set off from carbook and go to Sids house for breakfast.Sids wife was a lovely woman who cooked us a bacon and egg breakfast while also getting about 5 kids off to school.The ex landlord of the Carbrook Hall also worked at Marcrofts ,Jim Davis.Also the man who owned Marcrofts opened a skating rink somewhere near Broughton Lane and also converted the old cinema further up Attercliffe into a rink.Some of the other lads who worked at Marcrofts were Ron Cashmore who lived up near banners and Billy Partoon who lived at carbrook,this would be just after the big gales we had in the 60,s

My hubby lived on Newhall Rd. Does anyone remember Mrs Persils fish and chip shop? or "Larney" the man who delviered newspapers on his bike.

I lived on Newhall Road, (Attercliffe end) until 69ish. Two chip-shops then but don't recall anyone of that name, nor the newspaper man.

Which end did your husband live and roughly when?