Anyone here from Attercliffe?

I was born on Newhall Road, my Paternal Grand-Mother lived on Paget Street which was off Alfred Road and my Maternal Grand-Mother lived on Norman Street which was off Newhall Road.

I have been in and out of this thread several times and despite it looking like the whole of Attercliffe posts on here, I haven't come across a single name that I know:hihi:

Not even anyone from Maltby Street school either which I left in 1957:(

hi everyone just read thru all the way from the start

used to live on baker st went to huntsmans gardens then hartley brook used to go on ripon st jess was there didnt he do well... married wendy shaw off woodbourne rd her dad was sos shaw used to have the shop on woodbourne rd also a friut barrow on the bottom of britnal st fri and sat brooksy is it joan newbound you live next to if so i new her son steve..

paul grayson lives in perth austrailia melvyn lives firth park

sue and marylyn in sheff somewhere unfortunatley steve died about 3 years ago age 47 estha lives off wordsworth ave i think knew alfie melia..edn stead/ john stead rings a bell...actually lived on chippingham st as well untill the houses were knocked down.....jack young also from the cliff has bought and refurbed the 4 pubs you are talking about..

also used to play footie down brightside on the hollow ( know harry tuckwood (sicey pup } peter swan {wednesday}used to have the travellers near att libs club stories told are that the travellers were one of the 1st pubs in sheff to play sunday footie...against the tavern from parsons cross and the woobourn on the rec (of rippon st} by the way i can remember sneaking in to billy smarts circus there..me mum was telling ma today how she use to go to the wash house on oaks green...anyway could keep writing but england on sorry to go on so much........

Hiya, I'm still wading my way through the pages and saw your entry. My husband Steve Clarke and his brother Kevin lived on Zion Lane and then Treeton Street. They went to Huntsman Gardens then to Hartleybrook schools. They were good friends with Dennis & Glenn Thompson and also the Graysons. Do you remember them?

I am also looking for names that I recognise from Attercliffe and Huntsmans Gardens, but so far have had no luck. My grandparents lived in Treeton St, their name was Gosling.

I was born on Newhall Road, my Paternal Grand-Mother lived on Pelham Street which was off Alfred Road and my Maternal Grand-Mother lived on Norman Street which was off Newhall Road.

I have been in and out of this thread several times and despite it looking like the whole of Attercliffe posts on here, I haven't come across a single name that I know:hihi:

I lived on Whitworth Lane and there was someone called Alan Gregory and Sandra Sheldon off our street what went there. Do you know them?

I lived on Whitworth Lane and there was someone called Alan Gregory and Sandra Sheldon off our street what went there. Do you know them?

I recognise Sandra Sheldon I think, blondish hair if I remember rightly. I think the one I'm thinking of was a bit younger than me.:) Now in Skegness according to Friends Re-united if it is the same person.

Hiya Joanl

Yes, SANDRA SHELDON. JOHNNY STEWART, MAXINE GUNN, BOBBY GUNN, ALAN GREGORY,PAT FOTHERGILL, DEREK FOTHERGILL, ANITA, RITA, FRANK AND TOMMY WOODHEAD SOME LIVED ON THE SAME ROAD AS ME - WHITWORTH LANE AND SOME ON HOWDEN ROAD AND WENT TO MALTBY STREET BUT I AND MY BROTHERS KEITH AND DAVID ROGERSON KNEW THEM ALL WELL.

JACKIE CLARKE (NEE ROGERSON)

Hiya Joanl

Yes, SANDRA SHELDON. JOHNNY STEWART, MAXINE GUNN, BOBBY GUNN, ALAN GREGORY,PAT FOTHERGILL, DEREK FOTHERGILL, ANITA, RITA, FRANK AND TOMMY WOODHEAD SOME LIVED ON THE SAME ROAD AS ME - WHITWORTH LANE AND SOME ON HOWDEN ROAD AND WENT TO MALTBY STREET BUT I AND MY BROTHERS KEITH AND DAVID ROGERSON KNEW THEM ALL WELL.

JACKIE CLARKE (NEE ROGERSON)

Yes, I recognise most of those names but can only put faces to a few. :hihi: Wonder where they all are now.

Thanks for that.

:) Joan:)

I was born on Newhall Road, my Paternal Grand-Mother lived on Pelham Street which was off Alfred Road and my Maternal Grand-Mother lived on Norman Street which was off Newhall Road.

Joan, my ex hub's mum went to Maltby street school, but she was born a while before you, in 1934, she and her sister lived on Brompton Road, their name was Sykes.

My aunt lived round the corner from Newhall Road, on the Brightside end, on Fleet Street, from 1966 to 1972(ish) when that area was cleared.

PT

Our paths keep crossing PT:hihi: I do remember the name Sykes actually but then, I suppose, we always referred to people by their surnames, so it would be Mrs Smith or Mrs Jones that we would say.

I was Joan Robinson then.:)

Hi All,

This has really brought some memories flooding back for me. My bro told me about this thread the other night and said I should have a read.

I grew up on the Cliffe and went to Woodbourne Rd school and then on to Waltheof from there. I can remember Banners, Attercliffe baths and the herbalists shop along with loads of other stuff that I had forgotten.

One thing that does stick in my mind though, getting on the 71 bus and staying on there all night for something to do. Think it was 2p fare then and as it was a circular you could stay on as long as you liked.

Did anyone else do that?

Hi, im new to sheffield forum, was born on Cottingham Street, 141, lived there until i was 12, went to woodbourne road, and beaver hill, my name is Ann Whiteley, have got 2 older brothers John and Dennis

Can anyone remember the dreaded Miss Deakin from Carbrook Infants school -she wasn't afraid to give you a slap if you crossed her. She was only surpassed by the equally dreadful Miss Renshaw. We would come out of school and then straight into the Rec on Terry Street, stay too long there and then get a clip round the ear for being late home. Happy days though. Also can you remember the sand rec just of Staniforth Road?

I remember all those things, we must have been around at a similar time, I used to live on ravensworth road.