Anyone here from Attercliffe?

HELP

I keep reading different threads about Carbrook and attercliffe a of lot of street names and places keep coming up and i am lost, i am trying to find an old map of the said areas

They must be after 1912 with the streets on ext any help appreceated were i can get

one, may be some shop in Sheffield. any ideas welcome DTM

HELP

I keep reading different threads about Carbrook and attercliffe a of lot of street names and places keep coming up and i am lost, i am trying to find an old map of the said areas

They must be after 1912 with the streets on ext any help appreceated were i can get

one, may be some shop in Sheffield. any ideas welcome DTM

Try Central Library

Good beer in that pub. 8 pints and you was on your knees.

My nephew took me out for a drink at Christmas - it was like drinking pop and had no effect. I admit these days in my late 60s I can't drink a lot as half of my stomach has been removed. However I did manage 8 pints to my nephews 4. He was talking silly after 2.

Point is the beer in the Dog would have been too strong for these youngsters of today.

Got to agree with you we used to start at Carbrook Hall and call at most of the pubs till we reached the Dog and this was Saturday Afternoon.A telling off from my mother,a short nap and out again Saturday night

Got to agree with you we used to start at Carbrook Hall and call at most of the pubs till we reached the Dog and this was Saturday Afternoon.A telling off from my mother,a short nap and out again Saturday night

Seen these young -uns staggering all over and talking silly on 2 pints.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Does anybody remember Georgie Woods barbers on Staniforth Rd at the bottom of Chelmsford Street. He had a bicycle seat that fitted at the back of the barbers chair for kids to use. I went there all the time and he knew everyone.

My grandad Fred Thompson was the doorman at the Attercliffe Radical Club for many years and my auntie Kath worked behind the bar. All our family practically lived in the place and we used to go on all the club trips. Happy days.

Does anybody remember Georgie Woods barbers on Staniforth Rd at the bottom of Chelmsford Street. He had a bicycle seat that fitted at the back of the barbers chair for kids to use. I went there all the time and he knew everyone.

My grandad Fred Thompson was the doorman at the Attercliffe Radical Club for many years and my auntie Kath worked behind the bar. All our family practically lived in the place and we used to go on all the club trips. Happy days.

The only barber I recall was THORPY on Attercliffe Common, near Whitworth Lane. He used to tell crude jokes and also sell Johnnys.

Sorry Mark cant help, All the barbers sold any thlng for the weekend sir i remember our barber on Broughton Lane used to sit on a chair it had wheels on he moved round you as he was cutting i can nearly smell the taper he used to singe the ends of your hair now

opposite was a blacksmiths shop i would nip in when i was going past delivering the Star

if it was cold, i used to stand at the end of Broughton Lane on saterday night selling the Green un nip in all the pubs quick sell out then up the Cliff for saterday night entertainment DTM

An other memory i recall going to the flicks at the bottom of Staniforth rd i wasent old enough to get in it was sunday night i saw my first horror film it was The Beast With Five Fingers i can see this hand crawling along the floor and up the door jamb and i was looking through my fingers just an other mem DTM

I used to go to Hewits barbers next to the Station Hotel and across from the Kings Head. The old man used to be parked in a chair every day and chat with the customers. His daughter used to cut hair. I well remember having to pretend you didn't notice when a customer asked for 'a packet off the top' - you weren't supposed to know what they were!

hi.darrell.marie not to bad 36 years this year since she had her kidney transplant.live at dronfield near to sue.peter.paul and david live in rotherham,jehhy not been to well margaret lives in loughborough.pat and bill out at worksop have an engineering co.phyllis and jean passed away few years ago.me paul and pete played football for grmesthorpe b.c.rex and roger bacon played also charley gray no relation alf webster.roger midlane.barry whitingham.we also played for your dad at the hodson with sid dawson.graham wells john butler.roy butler.geoge rose.did you play for intake s.c.on 0ne of your post you said about reg taking you to play at the back of the club.i also played for intake when albert wraith.charlie grainger.eddie ran the team.also remember cassim what a player he was.take care kenny.

Anyone ever go to the dogs ! Darnall stadium or the one some where of Staniforth Road.

Hi Mickr Harry Hewitt and his wife were friends of our family and even went on holiday with us to Cleethorpes one year, I still have a photo of Harry near the paddling pool and can remember him getting my sister and myself out of bed around 6.30 am to go for a walk on the promenade and then taking us for steaming hot cups of tea at a cafe and lacing the tea with a teaspoon of scotch. His daughter was Elsie. Happy days !!!!