Anyone here from Attercliffe?

Frets, I think the "living statues" were at the Palace, Attercliffe.

Tara

I was only a young kid at the time, but my parents knew May Antcliffe and her husband (can't remember his first name).

May was the sister of a long term neighbour of ours on Westbury Street. Her name was Ceena (Sp?) Steele, her husband's name was Fred. Their mother lived in the same yard as Mrs Steele, I always knew her as Grandma Antcliffe.

I was born in 1944 and lived at 111 Westbury Street until 1958/9.

Our name is Jackson, my mum and dad were Lily and George.

I live in Canada now, near Toronto.

Ken Jackson

Hi Ken,

Dont think there was a may. My Antcliffes lived in Attercliffe cum Darnal for generations.

According to the Ancestry.com files.

My Grandfather lived on Woodbourn Road as a child then Roundell street when he was married. His name was Norman Antcliffe his father was Harry Bailey Antcliffe.

Does anyone remember Pamela Wragg, Julie Millington (shirland Lane)

And a family called Jackson who lived on Ambley st i think. Norma, Kathleen, Anne.

I'm going back a long time but does anyone have any recollection of people called Biggin living in the area. I know that at some time in the first half of the last century they lived at chippingham st but after that I don't know?

Knew a Ronnie Biggin, daughter called Florence.

Oo Tara that's exciting. There was a Florence Biggin in my family tree I think. Can you tell me what you knew about them please?

Hi Mickr , Im new to this Forum, just picked your thread up about Beall St. My wife Marg"e lived at no 15 and when we got married we lived at no13, with her Auntie & Uncle, Winnie & George Ledger. Brian Bodfield & Ray Richardson were big boozing mates of mine, ( Cutlers, Cocked Hat, White Hart, etc, etc.) We lived there for a couple of years or so then moved out Rotherham, where we still live. We used to go back down the "Cliffe" most weekends, (for the "crack",) untill Marge"s parents died in 68/69. Still go back down a couple of times a year, got lots of great memories of the place and the people. (you could write books about the charectors in that era!!!! ):thumbsup:

Hi Gethro/ Just read your post here. I remember Brian and Ray - my brother Tony Redfearn used to hang out with both of them. Ray's younger brother, was it Richard? used to be a buddy of mine I also have an eldest brother Jack they would remember. We used to live at number 35 from the early 50's until the mid 60's. What was your wife's maiden name? They must have lived up by what used to be Battistes shop at the Huntsmans Gardens end of the street - across from the Richardsons who lived on the corner. Different times back then..

Hi Mickr, My wifes maiden name was Wilson, lived with her mom & dad & brother Maurice, at no 15. Maurice was also a mate of Richard"s, ( Ray"s brother, ). Ray also had an older brother Brian, ( i think ?. ) Battises shop was the first in their yard, then the Myres, then George & Winnie Ledger, ( Marges auntie & uncle ) who we lived with for a couple of years or so. then Marges family. Then over the wall in the next yard, the only family i can remember was the Haywoods. Gorden, their son used to drink in The Cutlers with us, as did "Sonny" & Kath Wildgoose, who i think lived close on towards your house. I think Mick Willets must have lived somewhere across the road from you. As you say different times then,!!. But i wouldn "t have had it any other way.

Hi Mickr, Just re- read my last post, I missed the Thomlinson"s out. They lived between the Myres & the Ledgers,at no 11, George & Bessie Thomlinson.( George finished up club secratary at the Manor Social Club on City road.)

hi brooksy..yes i was at newhall road school,from 1945..to 1953..the one footballer who stands out from newhall,was a blond haired lad called ..ALBERT QUIXHALL..he played for england boys...and went on to play for SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY,,along side the great DEREK DOOLEY....UP THE OWLES..

hi brooksy..yes i was at newhall road school,from 1945..to 1953..the one footballer who stands out from newhall,was a blond haired lad called ..ALBERT QUIXHALL..he played for england boys...and went on to play for SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY,,along side the great DEREK DOOLEY....UP THE OWLES..

Can remember him playing for Wednesday. Think Redfern Froggett and Keith Ellis was around at the same time.

Does anyone remember Pamela Wragg, Julie Millington (shirland Lane)

I remember Julie Millington as she's my mum, I'm her son Robert :D