Anyone here from Attercliffe?

we lived on newark st. pub at top of road wat was it called ? moved on the manor when livin room floor ended up in celler 1966 ithink i went 2 maltby st school. ins. tb

hi greybeard,just pick up on your post..ie..names from alfred road..just a few more ..harry olive..alf greenwood..tommy rowley..mick murry..wilf day..gerry hill.

memories..!!

does anyone remember the costello familythey lived on swarcliffe road thanks

does anyone remember the costello familythey lived on swarcliffe road thanks
where was that, do know some costello's.

Brooksy, is this the one that you remember? On the corner of Old Hall Road.

http://www.swineherd.free-online.co.uk/lostpubs/setthree/gballa.jpg

Perhaps you can help me? I seem to remember a horse trough somewhere near there, or his my memory playing tricks on me.

hi brooksy..the pub on the corner,oposite the baths ..was..i think...!!THE GOLDEN BALL..spent many a few shillings in there..from 1956..onward..(but i used to go in befor i was 18..(bad lad)it was a stones house..dont know when it came down,but it went with a lot of memories..

hi brooksy..the pub on the corner,oposite the baths ..was..i think...!!THE GOLDEN BALL..spent many a few shillings in there..from 1956..onward..(but i used to go in befor i was 18..(bad lad)it was a stones house..dont know when it came down,but it went with a lot of memories..

Next to the baths going up the cliff towards Banners was The Greyhound pub. Opposite side of the road was The Globe ' pictures ' adjacent to the clinic.

i lived in darnall the doctor around there was dr atwell banners was great money used to be put in a tube and whisked some where it facinated me and the lift and escalator were great

Hello all "Cliffe Folk",

Found this forum three nights ago and have literally spent 36 hours rivetted, trawling through the wonderful posts on it. I have cried with laughter and at times "choked up" with the wonderful memories that came flooding back after nearly forty years. Good old "Raymond Hall's!" Our neighbour Mrs. Brookes on Westbury street used to say to my mum, " If tha' feels a bit badly lass, don't mess about wi' Dr. Wainwright, get thesen' to Raymond Halls & tha'll be "double reight" in two minutes!"

I lived at 46 Westbury Street, 1960's -1970; My mates were Sharon & Paul Rippon, Paul Rawson and Roy Cusworth to name but a few. We attended Woodburn Hill School (Unable to recall any teachers) I do remember something about Dixon, Willis, Winyard, and Warner?? Ring any bell with anyone or have I lost it?

My husband cannot understand the passion about the "Cliffe," - mind you he's partial to a bit of Henderson's Relish ( A southern Lad!) You've got to be a Cliffe kid to understand it.

Everything came flooding back to me ..........Ohhhhhh the Bridge Chippy! Can taste them now. (Cake, chips and scraps.) Also, Banners, Edward Jennings, Hitchins especially the "Rads" all evoke such wonderful memories. How I loved watching the "Rad's Turns" Can you remember those little snacks, which contained a Dairylea triangle/ biscuits / pickled onion in a bag?? Choked up when I saw the name "Biggsy" - however that's stories for another time.

What was the name of the Barber on Staniforth road, just below the Rads? I am sure that I recall him having a seat on a wheel which he used to pedal round a little track whilst cutting Gents' hair.

BROOKSY - (the boozer maestro!) My late grandfather (George Stuart - coal merchant) used to use a pub down the Cliffe called " The Baltic" any ideas.......? Also are the Fletchers who you knew, Josie / Robert / Sandra (Cannot remember the other brother and sisters names) They lived on the next street down from Westbury street towards Woodburn rd.

Their Dad had a couple of old coaches that they used to park on that piece of wasteland where Flo's corner shop was. Remember the "Penny sweet tray;" Black Jacks, Fruit Salads, White Mice and Red laces. There was an Irish family that lived next door to them. The parents were Katie and Owen (pronounced "Own" as I recall); with son Owen Jnr. and daughter Marie. Ring any bells?

Well that'll do for now, Cliffelass

hi clifflass..the baltic pub was on effingham road..next to the small forge..in which i drove the steam hammer..after a shift on afternoons..it was striaght in there for a few pints..the forge was owned by the firm of,beardshaws..i work there just before going into the army..

Great little pub The Baltic always allright for a bit of "after bird" on Saturday nights.

Hello all "Cliffe Folk",

Found this forum three nights ago and have literally spent 36 hours rivetted, trawling through the wonderful posts on it. I have cried with laughter and at times "choked up" with the wonderful memories that came flooding back after nearly forty years. Good old "Raymond Hall's!" Our neighbour Mrs. Brookes on Westbury street used to say to my mum, " If tha' feels a bit badly lass, don't mess about wi' Dr. Wainwright, get thesen' to Raymond Halls & tha'll be "double reight" in two minutes!"

I lived at 46 Westbury Street, 1960's -1970; My mates were Sharon & Paul Rippon, Paul Rawson and Roy Cusworth to name but a few. We attended Woodburn Hill School (Unable to recall any teachers) I do remember something about Dixon, Willis, Winyard, and Warner?? Ring any bell with anyone or have I lost it?

My husband cannot understand the passion about the "Cliffe," - mind you he's partial to a bit of Henderson's Relish ( A southern Lad!) You've got to be a Cliffe kid to understand it.

Everything came flooding back to me ..........Ohhhhhh the Bridge Chippy! Can taste them now. (Cake, chips and scraps.) Also, Banners, Edward Jennings, Hitchins especially the "Rads" all evoke such wonderful memories. How I loved watching the "Rad's Turns" Can you remember those little snacks, which contained a Dairylea triangle/ biscuits / pickled onion in a bag?? Choked up when I saw the name "Biggsy" - however that's stories for another time.

What was the name of the Barber on Staniforth road, just below the Rads? I am sure that I recall him having a seat on a wheel which he used to pedal round a little track whilst cutting Gents' hair.

BROOKSY - (the boozer maestro!) My late grandfather (George Stuart - coal merchant) used to use a pub down the Cliffe called " The Baltic" any ideas.......? Also are the Fletchers who you knew, Josie / Robert / Sandra (Cannot remember the other brother and sisters names) They lived on the next street down from Westbury street towards Woodburn rd.

Their Dad had a couple of old coaches that they used to park on that piece of wasteland where Flo's corner shop was. Remember the "Penny sweet tray;" Black Jacks, Fruit Salads, White Mice and Red laces. There was an Irish family that lived next door to them. The parents were Katie and Owen (pronounced "Own" as I recall); with son Owen Jnr. and daughter Marie. Ring any bells?

Well that'll do for now, Cliffelass

Was the barber shop called Georgy Wood's???

Was the barber shop called Georgy Wood's???

That's the name! Do you remember anything about his bike? This could only have been another unique "Cliffe" eccentricity.