Anyone here from Attercliffe?

my husband lived in the same yard as glasbys scarrats lived in next yard

YEP,THATS RIGHT,BRIAN GLASBY IS MY BROTHER,HE WASN,T AN ONLY CHILD AS YOU ALL PROBABLY THOUGHT,HE WAS ADOPTED BY JOYCE AND ARTHUR,HE WAS ACTUALLY JOYCES YOUNGER SISTERS SON,BUT THINGS WERE DIFFERENT THEN,A SINGLE MUM IN THE 50,S WAS A NO NO.HAD MANY HAPPY TIMES AT NEWHALL ROAD IN THE 60,S,GOING ON CLUB OUTINGS AND FALLING ASLEEP ON JACKIE LONGLEYS COUSINS KNEE ON THE WAY HOME,HAVING PENNY GLASSES OF POP AT THE SHOP ACROSS THE ROAD,GOING INTO BENS SHOP ON THE CORNER,PLAYING PINBALL IN THE CAFE FURTHER UP THE ROAD.....40 YEARS NOW,WHERE,D THEY GO????

hi joan yes it was the bottom of newhall rd its now the pdsa for sick animals o/h went to newhall school till 1957 then hartley brook till 1961

Hi longchat/ I left Hartley Brook xmas 1962. I'm Mick Redfearn from Beall St - who are you? Tried to pm you - you can pm me if you wish. I've lived in Canada for 33 years now.

Hi longchat/ I left Hartley Brook xmas 1962. I'm Mick Redfearn from Beall St - who are you? Tried to pm you - you can pm me if you wish. I've lived in Canada for 33 years now.

im married to pete longley he left hartley brook in 61 must have been year above (by the way im new 2 ) do you remember the carrs .alan ,steve, billy have alook at picture sheffield shiregreen link lots of pics h/brook school

YEP,THATS RIGHT,BRIAN GLASBY IS MY BROTHER,HE WASN,T AN ONLY CHILD AS YOU ALL PROBABLY THOUGHT,HE WAS ADOPTED BY JOYCE AND ARTHUR,HE WAS ACTUALLY JOYCES YOUNGER SISTERS SON,BUT THINGS WERE DIFFERENT THEN,A SINGLE MUM IN THE 50,S WAS A NO NO.HAD MANY HAPPY TIMES AT NEWHALL ROAD IN THE 60,S,GOING ON CLUB OUTINGS AND FALLING ASLEEP ON JACKIE LONGLEYS COUSINS KNEE ON THE WAY HOME,HAVING PENNY GLASSES OF POP AT THE SHOP ACROSS THE ROAD,GOING INTO BENS SHOP ON THE CORNER,PLAYING PINBALL IN THE CAFE FURTHER UP THE ROAD.....40 YEARS NOW,WHERE,D THEY GO????

i married jackies brother pete we knew about brian but did not know he had a sister

:love:

Sorry Brooksy I lived on the Manor,but we all used to go down "The Cliff" when we were younger(too many years ago)we used to love going to Banners to shop and have a toasted teacake while was there.

I lived in Carbrook and went to Carbrook Church of England School with my friend Denise College we loved walking up the Cliff and back on a Saturday afternoon looking in all the Shops and getting a penny loaf from the bread shop near Attercliffe Swimming Baths. Also going to the pics on Saturday morning For a shilling at the Pavilion.

Anyone remember Martins Shop in Bright Street, Carbrook my Dad used to keep it and his Mum before him. My grandmother run it in the thirties.

:love:

anyone remember littlewoods?? used to love going there after doing the shopping with mi ma at banners.......littlewoods used to have a cafe and me n mi bro always got a treat.....i think it changed its name to hitchens..........

I remember Littlewoods on Attercliffe it was quiet a Posh Shop for the Cliff. I think it was a little upper class than Banners. Happy days.

My aunt had a shop on Attercliffe Common near Tinsley Terminus. Two doors away was a cobbler Donald Gooch(?). I sat for hours as a kid while he made clogs. I remember men coming in the shop to buy their "plug"or snuff - brown teeth for plug and brown moustache for snuff!

I can remember going into this shop to have my shoes cobbled. What was your Aunties shop called, my Dad had a shop on Bright Street, Martins it was called

shelby, i think you might be too high up there.

find out what carbrook school no was.!!!

as my nan lived at 465 attercliffe common. on the other side as its a odd no.

but thinking theres alot of shops/houses to banners, so i should

think 632 maybe lower down towards carbrook school ??

can you think of any road names/shops.?? may help us think better lol.

ooh ah its good this thinking better than doing crosswords..:hihi:

keeps our brains active..

cheryl

My auntie lived at 561 attercliffe Common and it was four houses away from the Carbrook Hall Pub.

im married to pete longley he left hartley brook in 61 must have been year above (by the way im new 2 ) do you remember the carrs .alan ,steve, billy have alook at picture sheffield shiregreen link lots of pics h/brook school

Can't say as I can remember Pete. The guys I remember a year above my year are Dennis Topham,David Simmonite, Glen Pickard, Rosemary Lambert, Alan Ellis,Spud Rawson et al. I'm on one of the class pictures of Hartley Brook. They also at one time had a picture of the Brook itself taken from the entrance area above the bridge but I can't find it anymore. Help anyone?? I still don't know if I know you. Send a pm personal message if you don't want your name on here. Just click on mickr and follow on from there.

Just discovered the site & I'm addicted!

Was born on Liverpool St, moved onto Swallow Street. Went to Maltby St from 62-68, then Park House from 68-73.

When I got married our 1st house was on Francis St (behind Banners) ...............

david egan is my cousin his mum and dad is cliff and mary