Anyone here from Attercliffe?

no albert was my uncle

my dad was fred.i have a brother david & younger twin sisters

we all went to woodbourn road school.we all went in the rads club with mom and dad .albert was the chair man in the club.

no albert was my uncle

my dad was fred.i have a brother david & younger twin sisters

we all went to woodbourn road school.we all went in the rads club with mom and dad .albert was the chair man in the club.

Was Les Cook also related to you? (seem to think he was brother or cousin to Albert) If so, that must mean that John Cook (aged around 38/39 now) must be related to you as well - He was in my class at school! Nice lad as I remember, often wondered what happen to him. I know the Cooks were a big family. Les was a big family friend of ours when we lived down there in the 70's.

Was Les Cook also related to you? (seem to think he was brother or cousin to Albert) If so, that must mean that John Cook (aged around 38/39 now) must be related to you as well - He was in my class at school! Nice lad as I remember, often wondered what happen to him. I know the Cooks were a big family. Les was a big family friend of ours when we lived down there in the 70's.

I remember a Les Cook was he related to Ivy Barratt

Talking of The Rads my dad used to wait on there, and sing.

Yes Les was Ivy's sister, her husband was Eddie Barratt. Les lived with Ivy and her husband on Rippon Street right up until the houses came down.

Yes Les was Ivy's sister, her husband was Eddie Barratt. Les lived with Ivy and her husband on Rippon Street right up until the houses came down.

We lived a few doors up from them, I was friends with wendy,

was there an old Mrs Cook as well,

I can remember some old lady who used to always be sat in a chair when i called for Wendy

hi

born 1948 woodburn road school / beaver hill lived on cottingham st no122 name cook

We lived at no 141 Cottingham Street, I have two oder brothers, the oldest was born in 1947, his name is Dennis Whiteley, do you remember him?

Hi Mary Poppins,

we lived in the same yard as the Barretts, next door to Barbara Stevenson, do you remember Mrs Cook who lived at the end house at the bottom of the yard who used to go nattering in everybody`s house...... and my dad waited on at the Rads .

hi

john is fine thank you for asking i am his mum

i remember dennis ,john,ann,whitely

my grandma mrs cook lived in next to the end house and was unable to walk,connie lived in the end house

do you remember rose murphy,lynn tattersall,alfie,dennis,rene denial?

does anyone know gladys and lol barker, they lived on shortridge street near banners, they were regulars at the station hotel

hi

john is fine thank you for asking i am his mum

i remember dennis ,john,ann,whitely

my grandma mrs cook lived in next to the end house and was unable to walk,connie lived in the end house

do you remember rose murphy,lynn tattersall,alfie,dennis,rene denial?

Hi, this is Ann Whiteley, I remember the Denials, saw Dennis not long ago.

I just joined the forum site, and couldn't believe the references to Attercliffe that I found.

I, my older Brother Roy Jackson, and older sister Pat Jackson were all born on Westbury Street at No. 111. We went to Woodbourne Road School between 1942 and 1955. My mum and Dad's names were Lily and George, they both died in 1996.

The Denials (Alfie, Dennis, Rene, and Michael) in Cottingham Street were our cousins (mum Ada and dad Alf). The whole family used to go to the Radical Club in the 40"s and early 50's.

My mum's parents lived on Broad Oaks (named Sweet) and my dad's mum lived on Oaks Green (named Hewitt).

The family has scattered now and I have mostly lost touch. If anyone out there knows how to re-connect me to family, and people who were friends or neighbours from that time, it would be much appreciated.

Ken Jackson

Hi, this is Ann Whiteley, I remember the Denials, saw Dennis not long ago.

would that be dennis who worked at kellets,in the machine shop? if so i havent seen him since around 1969, funny how names stick in your memory...