Anyone here from Attercliffe?

This is not so much down the cliff as the bottom of prince but the old Davy United office has under gone convertion, Anyone know into what?

Abdul...have you done the five-weirs walk ? Or the canal bank from Meadowhall up to Staniforth Road ? I remebmer the area from the 1950s and it's clean and green now - believe me :D

Forgemasters seems to be the only remaining blot on the landscape and by Attercliffe I have the corridor between the canal and Brightside lane in mind.

Anyone remember the Attercliffe Radical Club.

It's still there derelict, I was thinking of trying to get some sort of action together to apply for next years BBC Resoration program.

What do ya think?

Originally posted by brooksy

having grown up on attercliffe in the 60 s andearly 70 s it was sad 2 see how it declined in the late 70s. recently tho the area seems 2 be given a new lease of life, with alot off investment going in down there do folk think it mighnt take off again.

i had forty years playing darts in that area so i know what you mean i retied from darts in 1990 with carbrookhall

when i first played we had three leauges

when i retired there was only seven teams

anybody on here come of attercliffe i was born on attercliffe and lived just of staiforth rd on chelmsford st i attended woodbourn rd school

i was born at 55 stedfast street 1930 moved to firth park 1934went to carbrook school but not old enough for shiregreenl

anybody on here come of attercliffe i was born on attercliffe and lived just of staiforth rd on chelmsford st i attended woodbourn rd school

i was born on steadfast street 1930 move to firth park

but play darts roud attercliffe years retied from darts 1990

my last team was with the carbrook hall them was the days

Hi There, I find the topic on Attercliffe great. I spent a lot of my early child hood there and then went back in my teans., I lived on Westbury St. and they used to have the anual fair and merrygo rounds there. Used to go to High Hazels Park and attend the Darnall Medical /aid parade. Dancing at the Astoria and yes John Banners was a good shop, and the little pie shop outside Attercliffe Baths. My Grandparents were all born on Alfred Road I think the name was Fulwood and Pope. Great memories these

Regards vera p..s. Anyone remember Huntsmans Garden School

H There,

Just interested in this . My relations lived in Steadfast St. at that time by the name of Pope. My /aunt was a Usherette at the Adephi for many years

Regards Vera

when did the adelphi actually close down, i grew up on the cliff and cant remember it being open.

was talking 2 a man called ron snoud the other day in the attercliff liberal club a reel gent always turned out in immaculate suits and ties. he was telling me that years ago you cudnt walk up and down attercliff and have half a beer in every pub because there were 2 many and u would have been drunk. were there that many pubs, i grew up down there but cant recall there being that many

Hi Brooksy

Sorry Ive been trying to find out when then Adelphi closed down can find all the pics but not come across the closure as yet. Got it somewhere in my books on Attercliffe just published will try to find out

Regards Vera

Talking about picture palaces. What happened to the Globe and the Pavilion? There was one on Staniforth Road who's name I forget. But for a night out nowt beat the old Palace theatre with live entertainment.