Police at Rivelin 05/07/2017

Anyone know about the high number of police cars and the road closure at Rivelin Valley?

Don't know anything - my school daughter said there were about 15 police cars, big guns, cars screeching to get there etc. I have just gone past and just saw one car. Scary stuff....

Anyone know about the high number of police cars and the road closure at Rivelin Valley?

I actually live in Rivelin and have been out on the front garden all afternoon and haven't heard a thing. ::huh:

Don't know anything - my school daughter said there were about 15 police cars, big guns, cars screeching to get there etc. I have just gone past and just saw one car. Scary stuff....

Yes that's what we saw.. motorcycle cops across the road so you could'nt turn from Malin bridge ..looked to be just a little further up towards the fire station.

hopefully everythings ok.

It was at the Malin Bridge end (near the one way system) - traffic was backed up the hill to Walkley Bank Road.

could have been an exercise, we all need to be vigilant.

My mate saw this & said a guy was in handcuffs

They were lost, taken wrong turn and ended up in wrong part of city. Or maybe this can happen anywhere in Sheffield.

We got caught up in all, can confirm there was a young guy arrested and in cuffs close to the junction of Watersmeet road.

Protest about all the tree felling down there this week apparently

Protest about all the tree felling down there this week apparently

Nope. That's not the reason. Was there on Monday, was no police nor need for them. Nor have ANY of the tree protests ever had need for "15 police cars, big guns, cars screeching to get there etc" as described further up the thread

We were sat in traffic just outside fire station. Police cars raced and pulled in front and side of a car and police jumped out with guns. More police cars arrived and police dogs. Quite scary felt like a scene from police interceptors