Mystery Dining in Sheffield

Hi All,

The Mystery Dining Company are currently looking for new diners in Sheffield.

The role typically involves going out for a meal and filling in a report about the experience, and then you get reimbursed a set (pre established) amount for the visit.

To find out more, just google mystery dining - should be the first result! You can find out a bit more about how it all works there, and if you’re interested, sign up.

Hmmmm

Maybe you should look at your own 'user experience'. If effectively you're asking people to work on your behalf, go and eat out, submit a report by noon the next day, follow up if need be and get paid 3-4 weeks later it's not a great experience for the 'worker' is it???

Not every person will consider it a good use of their time, which is why we are as upfront as possible about the process before hand. For many, a free lunch, dinner, or hotel stay is worth the time spent on the report. We don't ever expect our diners to complete visits that they're not comfortable with or don't consider good value.

I'm a "mystery diner" with HGEM and they're actually a decent company. The bottom line is that if you have no interest in the subject (food/drink) then it's not for you; secondly, if you don't need the money or you feel writing an hour to two hour report is not worth the free food and drink and maybe £10 - £20 on top then, again, it won't be of any interest.

Personally I'm happy to make time to write the reports and even though the financial payments are small, it's still worth it. In the last few months I've eaten at 2-3 places that I'd consider really good quality. The idea is you then try and reach Paltinum status so more highly rated restaurants or hotel visits become available to you. It's definitely more of a hobby than in any sense "work" or employment. The reports generally have to be quite objective so don't sign up thinking you're going to be the next Jay Rayner.