Wigfalls van drivers

No My uncles john and Robert were twins they're his younger brothers.

I stand corrected.I went to school with them and then I worked with one of them at E.S.C. in the 50s.

I stand corrected.I went to school with them and then I worked with one of them at E.S.C. in the 50s.
John worked for English Steel.

Hey up shogun did you get Niel El**d on thread from Grimesthorpe ?

---------- Post added 05-07-2017 at 23:07 ----------

Just remembered another guy Dave Frisby he kept birds of prey took me to see them once on an extended lunch break lol ....

Naa he's a right technophobe he's no idea next time I see him I'll get him on

Naa he's a right technophobe he's no idea next time I see him I'll get him on

Lol we called him Goldfinger in old bowling green :hihi:

He sadly died last year. But you are right he was one of the nicest men you could meet.

---------- Post added 05-07-2017 at 20:19 ----------

Yes he did. He was the younger brother of my mum Irene.

Willis played bowls for Mosborough Miners Welfare,he collapsed on our Bowling green Friendship at Stocksbridge last year,I new Willis from Wiggys from way back,sadly he passed away few months after this incident, lovely man.

Theres a thread about Ditchingham street the souths including willis get a mention small world springs to mind !

Willis played bowls for Mosborough Miners Welfare,he collapsed on our Bowling green Friendship at Stocksbridge last year,I new Willis from Wiggys from way back,sadly he passed away few months after this incident, lovely man.

He was well cared for by people when he collapsed at that game.

I can remember two drivers there around the early seventies time, there was an old boy who smoked a pipe and brought a little brown dog along with him just can not remember his name, the other guy was called Phil he had long hair aged about 30 and always wore some shaded dark glasses both of them were on the vans fetching in washing machines and hoovers back to the walker street depot.

The phil you refer to was phil stevens as I remember

---------- Post added 11-07-2017 at 13:41 ----------

was that from the bottom of spital hill

I remember Willis real nice guy very helpful and friendly.

I remember a few drivers from Wigfalls

Len Wilkinson

Mick Walker

Brian And Neil Hadfield

Edited by Tigerfan

He was well cared for by people when he collapsed at that game.

What age was Willis when he died? I ask this because it may have been him in our class.I can remember once going to their house from school and their mother was frying eels that their dad had caught and she gave me a piece and it was great.

What age was Willis when he died? I ask this because it may have been him in our class.I can remember once going to their house from school and their mother was frying eels that their dad had caught and she gave me a piece and it was great.

Willis was born in 1937. My granddad loved fishing and Willis was the same. Granddad always brought fish home to be cooked. My grandma was a very good cook and if you did eat some eel then I'm not surprised you enjoyed it.

Willis was born in 1937. My granddad loved fishing and Willis was the same. Granddad always brought fish home to be cooked. My grandma was a very good cook and if you did eat some eel then I'm not surprised you enjoyed it.

Would you happen to have a photograph of willis i seem to remember he had swept back curly hair and a big smile and alwaysvhad a cig on go bless him :thumbsup:

Would you happen to have a photograph of willis i seem to remember he had swept back curly hair and a big smile and alwaysvhad a cig on go bless him :thumbsup:

I've got a photo of Willis it looks like it's from the 50s. But I don't know if you can show it on SF.