Motorcycle license questions

Hello people!

So I'd like to ask if anyone knows the answer.

I have full UK drivers licence for over 9 years already. I decided to migrate completely to motorcycle instead. Now, I do have full drivers licence, I'm 29, got 5 years of NCD on my insurances. I'm getting ready to go for a CBT and then buy 125cc motorcycle to get used to riding and motorcycle controls.

The question is... Do I need the L sticker on motorcycle? as a lot of guides online say different things some say if you have other type of licence you only need CBT and you're OK without L sticker...

I just want to be sure...

Anyone knows anything about this?

Yes you do.

Your car licence only covers you to ride 49cc mopeds without L plates (if you have the category stated on the licence)

You mean a full license for a car?

Guess what, your NCB for a car will not help you with a motorcycle. You have to start again.

You have to do the first test before you can even go on the road with a 125.

Other than a 50cc moped as someone said earlier, you will need to display L plates back and front.

Car, van and bike insurance NCD are totally separate, but do have to declare any accidents on one mode of transport for the insurance of another kind.

You can ride a 50cc restricted to 30mph without L plates or a CBT if you passed your car test before 2001. If not, you need to do a CBT, that entitles you to ride a 125cc making no more than 14bhp, with L plates front and rear, for 2 years. You are not allowed to ride on motorways or carry a passenger. If, after 2 years, you haven't passed the test and got a full licence, you'll have to do cbt again to carry on riding