Gilders at Woodseats gone?

Guest sibon
Isn't that Gilders at Meadowhead?

It was. Now it is JCT600

---------- Post added 02-07-2017 at 19:30 ----------

I was led to believe that it was owned by Gilders as a kind of budget brand.

They had their Audi garage there ten years or so ago. Then they moved to Meadowhead because of lack of space. Now they are moving back because they need more space.

It was. Now it is JCT600

They had their Audi garage there ten years or so ago. Then they moved to Meadowhead because of lack of space. Now they are moving back because they need more space.

Gilders built the new fancy place at Meadowhead. But apparently the rumour goes that they went a bit mad and spent too much money on the new place that it ate too far into the finances and so they sold out to JCT600, but just kept a small part of the business at Woodseats and Banner Cross.

Curious that their website makes no mention of changes of location; http://www.gildergroup.co.uk/

It all looks as though they are still trading at Woodseats and Banner Cross when the evidence of our own eyes confirms they're not.

Gilder's car businesses have been taken over by the ambitious Stoneacre Group on 1st July. So they now operate as Mitsubishi in Chesterfield, and Honda in Sheffield (+ Rotherham?). Sheffield Honda is now located on Archer Road opposite Sainsbury's.

The premises on Chesterfield Road (anyone remember when it was Jack Marshall's garage?) together with the old Gilder VW garage at the start of Ecclesall Road South are separate from the car business, and privately owned by Gary Scotting. It will be interesting to see what plans he has for the Woodseats plot. My guess is for a block of apartments with their own parking.

Incidentally I think the new Surgery/Library is looking very smart. Hope the cladding is tickety boo.................

Gilder's car businesses have been taken over by the ambitious Stoneacre Group on 1st July. So they now operate as Mitsubishi in Chesterfield, and Honda in Sheffield (+ Rotherham?). Sheffield Honda is now located on Archer Road opposite Sainsbury's.

The premises on Chesterfield Road (anyone remember when it was Jack Marshall's garage?) together with the old Gilder VW garage at the start of Ecclesall Road South are separate from the car business, and privately owned by Gary Scotting. It will be interesting to see what plans he has for the Woodseats plot. My guess is for a block of apartments with their own parking.

Incidentally I think the new Surgery/Library is looking very smart. Hope the cladding is tickety boo.................

I thought the one on Middlewood Road was reopened as well. May be wrong.

There is now a sign on the window stating that they have moved to Archer Road

The gilders at Rotherham are now Stoneacer so would imagine they have bought out the whole lot

make a great drive through burger or chicken hotfood restaurant or as you say a nice block of flats ,but then theres a parking issue,dont be surprised if its taken by a big pub/food company

I`d be very surprised if a pub took it over. And KFC downsized in Woodseats when Costa opened and shared their building.

They are building the new library and health centre but haven't taken into account any parking which there is a severe lack of on Woodseats...... doh.... doesnt sound like Sheffield council :hihi:

From what I gather the doctors at bottom of Cobnar is stopping where it is and the medical centre is more of a Jordanthorpe type centre offering a range of services. Disability parking will be needed + staff parking.

Give me a spare tenner and would bet on Gary Scotting selling the land to the council for a tidy profit so can be used as a carpark.

buy vw now they will be going up post brexit.

Hi JJRB, The Dr's Surgery at the bottom of Cobnar Rd is definitely moving across, and hope so about the parking!!

council to knock down and provide parking?thought they had no cash?odds on a big fastfood outlet or another retailer