Wicker closed by Police 02/07/2017

What's rattled your sad case.

I mearly pointed out the railway station road was closed when I went to catch a train last Saturday......

My sad case was rattled by your ignorant post. I was replying to a nonsense claim that most parts of Sheffield are being taped off because of crime. You tried to substantiate this nonsense by the fact that the road outside the station was taped off a week earlier. However this was due to the road surface, not any crime. And it's not as if it would have represented most of Sheffield anyway.

You had no evidence to support the claim and just exposed your ignorance by saying something that was factually incorrect.

---------- Post added 03-07-2017 at 19:13 ----------

So let's stretch the bandit area from West Street to Spital Hill because most stabbings and gun crime happens in that triangle.

I do agree that for us who don't break the law it's a relatively safe area to walk but it's usually drug related and targeted attacks. Nether the less it's still a vile area

Longley: 1882 crimes.

Wicker: 499 crimes.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/revealed-the-crime-figures-for-your-area-of-sheffield-1-8014693

Longley appears to be nearly four times viler.

My sad case was rattled by your ignorant post. I was replying to a nonsense claim that most parts of Sheffield are being taped off because of crime. You tried to substantiate this nonsense by the fact that the road outside the station was taped off a week earlier. However this was due to the road surface, not any crime. And it's not as if it would have represented most of Sheffield anyway.

You had no evidence to support the claim and just exposed your ignorance by saying something that was factually incorrect.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/revealed-the-crime-figures-for-your-area-of-sheffield-1-8014693

Town Centre: 15066 crimes. 11.7% increase YoY

WOW

Woodhouse: 2122) crimes. 32.8% increase YoY

Woodhouse Mill: 210 crimes. 22.7% increase YoY

the old biddies in woodhouse village have been busy Oo

I've been along Spital Hill and Wicker twice each today, no problems. I can post my experience daily if that helps.

another stabbing in coronation street tonight.

yeah me too lol

back in the day i always used to walk home from nightclubs (i lived up pitsmoor) and the wicker was fine, occasionly youd get an uneasy feeling when there was a gang of people outside a kebabshop but generally it was ok. you get that feeling at night in most places, where theres a gang outside a shop etc

In the 70s I worked on Carlise street on nights,had our break 10 till 11 my girlfriend used to walk from Fitzalan squad to meet me in the Crown on Harleston st then walk back at 11.you wouldn't ask anyone to do that now.

---------- Post added 03-07-2017 at 20:25 ----------

another stabbing in coronation street tonight.

That's definitely a no go area.

In the 70s I worked on Carlise street on nights,had our break 10 till 11 my girlfriend used to walk from Fitzalan squad to meet me in the Crown on Harleston st then walk back at 11.you wouldn't ask anyone to do that now.

No. A taxi is better option :)

Reasonable rates, and comfy car :D

It would be if Longley was a street less than 300 yards long.

yes , theres a lot of crime there for a very short street and after reading those statistics a 47% increase , which is shocking

Edited by hackey lad

Neither is Manor but I wouldn't walk around there at night too.

I've walked around it, and Pitsmoor late in the evening in the winter, so effectively at night. Nothing scary happens, you get a bit cold sometimes...

Page hall 9 crimes, same as low Bradfield.

Took a #3 bus to NGH yesterday, tried to look hard and had camera ready but didn't see anything scary or dangerous. There was one person who appeared very happy and relaxed without worries.

I've walked around it, and Pitsmoor late in the evening in the winter, so effectively at night. Nothing scary happens, you get a bit cold sometimes...

What on earth for???

Made up story alert, me thinks, yep yep yep.

What on earth for ???

Soliciting ?