Wicker closed by Police 02/07/2017

Guest makapaka
I'm not sure anyone's defending it, I've never been that keen on Spital Hill. I'm just challenging hysterical and inaccurate opinions, just because I think hysterical and inaccurate opinions are generally quite silly.

I think posters on both sides of the argument have gone over the top to be fair.

Hahaha its still got it, its still the funniest forum around :hihi:

No idea. Who cares?

It's sort of relevant don't you think. The different level of overreaction that is occurring for Spital Hill compared to West Street.

This evening's Spital Hill update: quiet, and two coppers out and about on foot. Haven't seen that for years. Must be the ones now based in Sorby House.

Guest makapaka
It's sort of relevant don't you think. The different level of overreaction that is occurring for Spital Hill compared to West Street.

No - there are equal over reactions to the dangers of west street. Who brought west street into the argument?

No there aren't. Nobody has declared West Street a no go area, that was the point, to which you asked "how is it relevant", well that's how. It highlights the difference in reaction.

No idea. Who cares?

are you slow? Or just facetious?

Or just haven't bothered reading any of the thread at all? :loopy:

No - there are equal over reactions to the dangers of west street. Who brought west street into the argument?

It may look al confusing but cyclone only reason he keeps going (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong) and mentions west street is to indicate that different areas with similar problems are judged in a very different way.

This was also why I kept going, not because I cared about the area more than any other area but because it felt wrong that people without any connection or knowledge just come and start calling it slum and rotten while it really is no better or worse than west street while nobody will call west street slum or rotten. There is a bit of racism in it as well cause west street is for white kids and wicker for poorer multicultural customers.

Edited by dutch

West Street is a slum and its rotten.

It may look al confusing but cyclone only reason he keeps going (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong) and mentions west street is to indicate that different areas with similar problems are judged in a very different way.

This was also why I kept going, not because I cared about the area more than any other area but because it felt wrong that people without any connection or knowledge just come and start calling it slum and rotten while it really is no better or worse than west street while nobody will call west street slum or rotten. There is a bit of racism in it as well cause west street is for white kids and wicker for poorer multicultural customers.

The footfall on West is street is also about 1000 times more than the Wicker .... so the comparison is flawed :roll:

The footfall on West is street is also about 1000 times more than the Wicker .... so the comparison is flawed :roll:

That's right, it is better not to compare it with west street.

Wicker isn't heaven but when people start calling it slum and rotten not for intelligent people I detect a certain air of hatred towards a different type of people. This type of hatred will encourage things like terrorism. I am no customer of night time wicker but feel no hatred towards it and don't see any problems with it like many others here also have said and proven by telling us their personal experiences.

The few who have expressed nasty hatred things clearly had the intention to do so or like cyclone said earlier don't know how to use the English language to differentiate between statements and opinions.

Edited by dutch

True but has been said it's not about West St,facts only update opinions change,when people come out of the dark and see the light they then understand that the people make the area what it is not the name of it.