Wicker closed by Police 02/07/2017

honestly some people on here..

i have been going to wicker for over 10 years and i have never felt unsafe, wicker is probably more safer than london road and west street.

This trouble flared up because of a end of month bash at sadacca amongst the club goers, it has got nothing to do with the spital hill fiasco that has been going on for a few weeks. Now spital hill is a biit of an unsafe area you always get guys hanging around there causing trouble.... People only go on the wicker to get some food or go to the pharmacy.

i will be going down the wicker for a kebab friday night, this has not put me of as in reality this was a rare incident on the wicker and could have happened anywhere!

The Wicker is a no go area for most civilised people. It's overcrowded with Chicken Shop worshippers (you know the type) and people looking to cause trouble.

Horrible, horrible slum of an area.

What a load of codswallop.

Walk through Wicker twice a day all year round, and spend a quite bit of time there late at night too quite regularly. Have done for years.

Never felt scared or threatened. The only people who get trouble there are those being actively sought out for some other issue.

A person going about their own business has absolutely no need to worry one jot.

Now late night city centre on the other hand, i am always on guard from the "civilised" people.

Stop believing 3rd hand news from the Sheffield Star/Mail/Express.

honestly some people on here..

i have been going to wicker for over 10 years and i have never felt unsafe, wicker is probably more safer than london road and west street.

This trouble flared up because of a end of month bash at sadacca amongst the club goers, it has got nothing to do with the spital hill fiasco that has been going on for a few weeks. Now spital hill is a biit of an unsafe area you always get guys hanging around there causing trouble.... People only go on the wicker to get some food or go to the pharmacy.

i will be going down the wicker for a kebab friday night, this has not put me of as in reality this was a rare incident on the wicker and could have happened anywhere!

Did not some let of a 12 bore shotgun in a club in the Wicker a couple of years ago.

Never felt scared or threatened. The only people who get trouble there are those being actively sought out for some other issue.

A person going about their own business has absolutely no need to worry one jot.

That's true of most people going about their daily business.

The supply-side crimes we see in our communities like gun crime and stabbings are very rarely random attacks on members of the public. The violence is often targeted. There's motivation behind the violence and a desired outcome.

Supply-side crime (dealer v dealer) violence over territory/debts/ supply chains account for the majority of serious crimes in society. When the public are caught up it's usually accidental [see here].

Again, with a username like "nuthead" I can't imagine you representing the majority of the users on here.

Sorry but this thread is becoming a joke.

if you think the majority of forum users are like you I'll take that as a compliment.

I highly doubt that this was a "random" attack, there will have been a reason behind it and it could have happened anywhere, it doesn't mean the area is a no-go area.

There was a stabbing on West Street not that long ago, is that a no-go area too? If so you probably should tell the thousands of people who go along there at night, again all managing not to get stabbed

Is that what he means then? He said it's most places in Sheffield but what he actually meant was that it's just round the Wicker. I'm grateful you cleared that up, being a mind-reader and all.

As for the station last Saturday, there was a separate thread about it on which I posted to say that I had asked a police officer at the time who said they were testing the road surface, which I actually saw them doing.

So cut the crap.

What's rattled your sad case.

I mearly pointed out the railway station road was closed when I went to catch a train last Saturday, wether you posted a thread on that is irrelevant.

I was away all week so would not have seen your post as like some I don't spend my adventurous holidays sat on a keyboard looking at thread's on here.

if you think the majority of forum users are like you I'll take that as a compliment.

I highly doubt that this was a "random" attack, there will have been a reason behind it and it could have happened anywhere, it doesn't mean the area is a no-go area.

There was a stabbing on West Street not that long ago, is that a no-go area too? If so you probably should tell the thousands of people who go along there at night, again all managing not to get stabbed

I think that West Street has seen a bit of gun crime as well in the last few years. It must be an area that everyone avoids at night presumably.

I think that West Street has seen a bit of gun crime as well in the last few years. It must be an area that everyone avoids at night presumably.

its not seen by some as a "black" area tho :P

its not seen by some as a "black" area tho :P

Neither is Manor but I wouldn't walk around there at night too.

So let's stretch the bandit area from West Street to Spital Hill because most stabbings and gun crime happens in that triangle.

I do agree that for us who don't break the law it's a relatively safe area to walk but it's usually drug related and targeted attacks. Nether the less it's still a vile area

Well, i've seen loads of police car and vans this w/end, loads in the wicker

Sunday afternoon, then this morning 5 police cars all at once speeding up

Prince Wales rd 8.45am. Anyone any news.

Neither is Manor but I wouldn't walk around there at night too.

yeah me too lol

back in the day i always used to walk home from nightclubs (i lived up pitsmoor) and the wicker was fine, occasionly youd get an uneasy feeling when there was a gang of people outside a kebabshop but generally it was ok. you get that feeling at night in most places, where theres a gang outside a shop etc