Wicker closed by Police 02/07/2017

You actually live on the Wicker itself??

Not now , but you said always.

The Wicker is a no go area for most civilised people. It's overcrowded with Chicken Shop worshippers (you know the type) and people looking to cause trouble.

Horrible, horrible slum of an area.

The Wicker is a no go area for most civilised people. It's overcrowded with Chicken Shop worshippers (you know the type) and people looking to cause trouble.

Horrible, horrible slum of an area.

I got little business there and really happy with the sisman shop at wicker, very useful for civilised people.

Your description is proof you don't know wicker.

Usually people walk on their own there and no crowds, there are few little shops, not many.

I don't know what type of person you are and how your parents educated you but I have lived in bad places and don't see any real bad troublemakers in Sheffield. The ones you got here making little trouble look harmless to me. I Think you are scared of life calling places horrible and slum while shivering deep inside.

Edited by dutch

Some of these posts are ridiculous. The area has some issues and I think the pool hall and 1 or 2 other businesses do need cleaning up or closing down but to describe the area as no go?

There are numerous high quality apartments blocks and the area boarders Kelham island (reportedly the most upcoming area in the north of england)and the Victoria quays hotel district. The area around the market and old town hall desperately needs investment but it has the potential to be a great area close to the city centre it can't just be left to decline.

You'll never convince the majority in here with this type of solution, which is obvious to anyone with a brain.

Most people think, longer sentences, harsher punishments, hanging etc. All perhaps very reasonable if it worked. It doesn't though.

However, I would say that I don't quite agree with thoughts that criminal behaviour will just disappear at the rates proposed. They'll just move on to the next thing. That's how crime has progressed over thousands of years. It never goes away, it evolves like everything else does.

Where would it develop to? Would it be anything as destructive as drugs and its related crimes?

I got little business there and really happy with the sisman shop at wicker, very useful for civilised people.

Your description is proof you don't know wicker.

Usually people walk on their own there and no crowds, there are few little shops, not many.

I don't know what type of person you are and how your parents educated you but I have lived in bad places and don't see any real bad troublemakers in Sheffield. The ones you got here making little trouble look harmless to me. I Think you are scared of life calling places horrible and slum while shivering deep inside.

With all due respect you sound like you're new to Sheffield and new to the Wicker area. I am happy to explain these areas more to you if you want one time?

With all due respect you sound like you're new to Sheffield and new to the Wicker area. I am happy to explain these areas more to you if you want one time?

Thank you but post #40 by Sheffnewb is a far more realistic and respectable view, maybe you should learn from that instead of thinking you know it all.

Where would it develop to? Would it be anything as destructive as drugs and its related crimes?

It's difficult to say. In the short term I'd say no not at all, but in the long run who can say? Perhaps cyber crime would be the choice of new crime?

I think it's worth trying anyway.

It's never been the same since studio 567 and kennys records shut

i've lived near the Wicker for over 10 years and have been down there for many a late night kebab without getting stabbed/shot/attacked. I've not once felt unsafe down there

i've lived near the Wicker for over 10 years and have been down there for many a late night kebab without getting stabbed/shot/attacked. I've not once felt unsafe down there

Again, with a username like "nuthead" I can't imagine you representing the majority of the users on here.

Sorry but this thread is becoming a joke.

Again, with a username like "nuthead" I can't imagine you representing the majority of the users on here.

Sorry but this thread is becoming a joke.

The username is only a joke and nothing serious. You say you "cant imagine" but so far you have done lots of it.