Food for cat with urinary issues (struvite crystals)

Just brought my cat home from a stay at the vets to resolve a urinary blockage. He's recovered really well, and is currently happily purring on my chest.

Obviously I'm keen for it not to recur, so he'll have to have a modified diet from now on. The vets were giving him Hills prescription s/d canned food, and I've got enough to last almost a week.

Going forward, can anyone with cat knowledge recommend foods they have used?

I used to leave him dry food down as well, so I'd like to do that again.

My Tawny had this as a kitten , she has normal food , with plenty of water available and a few biscuits , she has had no recurrence of the illness .

Hi Isabell my cat keeps getting recurring water infections so I have been giving him royal canine uranary tract biscuits. He seems a lot better since having these. Also I notice that the cat treats I was giving him aggrivated the condition. Hope your cat makes a quick recovery.

I have a cat with the same condition. He has Techni_cal Solutions Urinary Health biscuits. He's been on them for years with no problems. They are also cheaper than Hills or Royal Canin

Royal Canin has worked very well for my girl on more than one occasion when she's had a flare up, but it takes a while to sort the problem. It was a vet that recommended it, and I can't fault it.